Animal is a Ram

Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

5,562 posts in this topic

Not entirely opposed to selling as I'm not sure he fits within the Pearson system, but £6m is derisory in this market, it'd cost far more than that to replace his goals.

Let's try to get them up to around 10m, bite their hand off, and work towards playing more dynamically without him. He is desperately unfit and I can't see Pearson putting up with too many performances like Grimsby.

Ninos likes this

So, after a few season of everybody knowing it'd take a huge amount to prize our players away, its perhaps starting to get around that some are "not for sale" more than others are "not for sale". 

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If strikers like Kodjia and Wells are likely to cost nearer the £10 million mark, I'd want similar for Martin. 

Uh... what? If sides want £10 mil for the likes of Kodjia and Wells I'd be wanting north of £15 mil for Martin. 

rynny, EnigmaRam, Lord_Ram and 1 other like this

Will be miffed if we sell. Martin's in his prime. Bent hasn't exactly been prolific since his loan (though must admit a lack of starts hasn't helped). 

Sparkle likes this

I'd take £8.5m for Martin now

He doesn't look fit or interested. It's as though he has spit out his dummy because we aren't playing how he wants us to.

Pearson has made his mind up he is not his type of player and so it's time to move on. He is only keeping him around the first team to keep his value up. £10m is too much to hope for even in the current inflated market but £8-£8.5m will probably see him on his way.

Ninos, t'oldu, Jaybosh75 and 1 other like this

The money would be nice, but I don't see the logic of selling one of the better strikers in the league to a rival.

Would be such a backwards step.

Casio likes this