Aron Gunnarsson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hendrick, Hughes, Bryson, Hanson, Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne. Even if Hendrick left that's still too many, especially if we only want to play two in the middle. This on top of the bids for wingers/forwards. Must be a lot going on behind the scenes in regards to our players yet Hendrick is the only one we know of. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hughes is an excellent ball winner. And Bradley Johnson when he's in form.

And Thorne when he's back wins the ball more than most in the league.

I agree with you but I'd like Hughes to play a bit higher up and show his creativity. Don't really want him defending because it seems like a waste of his abilities to me. I'm not saying that Hughes should be relieved completely of his defensive duties but having another defensive winner next to him will allow him to focus more on attacking. Johnson looks like he is going to leave and we don't know how Thorne will respond after his leg break.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hughes is an excellent ball winner. And Bradley Johnson when he's in form.

And Thorne when he's back wins the ball more than most in the league.

None of them seen to be very vocal and be able to galvanise the players around them though. That's where our weakness lies for me, because ability wise we have an excellent squad.

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Thorne does. When he's on the pitch, of course.

He does to a degree, and I do think he can grow into that player. But how many times do we honestly expect to see him on the pitch this season? I'd be pleasantly surprised if he makes double figures.

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Bring in Gunnarsson to play in the defensive role and get rid of Hendrick, Johnson and send Hanson on loan.

Nah we'll need Hanson to help us stay up in the U23 league. 

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Youth loans can usually play for their parent youth team.

Zanzala did while on loan at Stevenage last season.

True.

Interesting thought triggered by that, with the increase in age limit for youth teams (to 23), has the age limit for who counts as a youth loan increased too? 

Archived