Nakhi Wells

Derbados

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Huddersfield shafted us over the butterfield fee but isn't wells in the last year of his contract? Dunno what the fee would be , but I would guess about £3 million? 

I could be wrong but I think he has 2 years left. I seem to remember his signing either a 5 year deal or 4 and a half year when he signed in the 13/14 season.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Johnson and Butterfield were signed to cover Hughes and Bryson being injured, Blackman was a strange signing IMO as he didn't go straight into the team.

In a nutshell, Nigel will sign a couple of key players and mould the team to play his way, last season seemed like a case of signing players without much thought to the 'Derby way'.

yes that is true about jb and bj,but camara and blackman never made any difference as they never got the chance anyway so a bit pointless buying tbem.but we live in hope that they might getthe chance this season.

We're gonna have to sell 2 or 3 players at some point because there's FFP but also the whole "squad harmony" coming into play.... and if a club is willing to offer 12m for Hendrick then how much could we get for Hughes, surely got to be double at the very least, if not pushing 30m imo... We've got our ace in the hole :) 

24 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah, missed their last pre season game and their game yesterday, but I'm not sure of the severity of the injury.

28 minutes ago, Nijul_cluff said:

Just out of curiosity, is wells injured? 

A Huddersfield fan asked Wells at their match yesterday if he really is injured and he replied saying "No,the boss doesn't want to play me", make of that what you will. According to their fans they are close to signing a player called Uth from the Bundesliga and if(when) Wells leaves they want Hogan from Brentford in addition to Uth.

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A Huddersfield fan asked Wells at their match yesterday if he really is injured and he replied saying "No,the boss doesn't want to play me", make of that what you will. According to their fans they are close to signing a player called Uth from the Bundesliga and if(when) Wells leaves they want Hogan from Brentford in addition to Uth.

Hmm. Where have you seen/heard that one? 

Would be an excellent signing. If you had to put your money on someone being "the next Andre Gray" it would probably be this guy. A poacher with pace. Has always reminded me of a young Darren Bent. Very excited to see if this one comes off!

They say (their forum)n that they want 10m have even discussed Martin +3m, they think we are both stupid and minted as well as greedy, they seem to have a hang up about the size of their club ,

I have to admit I have no idea what Wells is worth but I doubt 10m, but I would imagine more than we think, they will not give him away.

i have no issue with Huddesfield, they have an asset and they don't have to sell, it's no difference than us and Jeff

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah, missed their last pre season game and their game yesterday, but I'm not sure of the severity of the injury.

Even their manager seems to suggest some ambiguity about this "injury" so I think their could be something to this story. Looks like he's off somewhere maybe to us?

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I could be wrong but I think he has 2 years left. I seem to remember his signing either a 5 year deal or 4 and a half year when he signed in the 13/14 season.

Youre right.. contracted to 2018 .. so maybe worth more than £3million.

25 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

They say (their forum)n that they want 10m have even discussed Martin +3m, they think we are both stupid and minted as well as greedy, they seem to have a hang up about the size of their club ,

I have to admit I have no idea what Wells is worth but I doubt 10m, but I would imagine more than we think, they will not give him away.

i have no issue with Huddesfield, they have an asset and they don't have to sell, it's no difference than us and Jeff

They've been giving it the biggun since they started making signings at the start of pre season, they've spent quite a bit of money and believe Wagner is the best Manager in the league. 

Ive even seen some of them mention top 2 and not finishing in the top 6 being a complete failure. . . . 

Just now, Derbados said:

They've been giving it the biggun since they started making signings at the start of pre season, they've spent quite a bit of money and believe Wagner is the best Manager in the league. 

Ive even seen some of them mention top 2 and not finishing in the top 6 being a complete failure. . . . 

Yeah, I had a quick read through and saw them mocking someone on here for suggesting £3 mil + Johnson (rightfully so), but then a few posts later I saw them suggesting Martin + £5 million for Wells. Steady on there chaps. :lol:

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah, I had a quick read through and saw them mocking someone on here for suggesting £3 mil + Johnson (rightfully so), but then a few posts later I saw them suggesting Martin + £5 million for Wells. Steady on there chaps. :lol:

haha yes I was wrong about £3 million as I wrongly thought he only had a year left. But I would rather have Martin in the team than Wells and not sure he is really better than Ince, or bent.Might be an alternative to Russell.     

I'm in two minds about Wells. I do think he's a good striker, but I don't know what he offers above Bent than perhaps another half a second of speed? 

We definitely need wingers above all else. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks that's for sure. 

I'd definitely argue the old panic button has been smashed following Saturday's performance and draw. 

Archived