Nick Blackman despite being sick all week was a real positive for Derby

Curtains

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Paul Clement new what he was doing signing this lad .

Maybe he did, but then i am in the camp of we should have kept clement.

Edit: thats not to say pearson wont do a good job, i think he will

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Maybe he did, but then i am in the camp of we should have kept clement.

Edit: thats not to say pearson wont do a good job, i think he will

Well Pearson will have to change some playing personnel to fit his 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 system that's for sure.  

Sith Happens
Just now, curtains said:

Well Pearson will have to change some playing personnel to fit his 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 system that's for sure.  

I think we have the personnel, just not 4 central midfielders all at the same time, that said we did actually improve late on when we had them all on.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think we have the personnel, just not 4 central midfielders all at the same time, that said we did actually improve late on when we had them all on.

What worries me though is Pearson is playing a system that doesn't fit the players we have and that's not hindsight after yesterday I've said it all closed season. 

He needs to wheel and deal like it or not. 

I suspect Pearson is well aware of this though unless he reverts to 4-3-3 which he has never ever done before. 

Sith Happens
Just now, curtains said:

What worries me though is Pearson is playing a system that doesn't fit the players we have and that's not hindsight after yesterday I've said it all closed season. 

You do sort of get the feeling, we will try this, then that then end up 4 3 3

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

You do sort of get the feeling, we will try this, then that then end up 4 3 3

I think we will either see the 4411 with wiemann and blackman as the wingers or he will bring in 2 wingers before deadline. I think 433 will be our plan B this season.

Sith Happens
Just now, curtains said:

I doubt it as that would be a major change of manager philosophy. 

Yeah maybe, but if he cant get what he wants to work, then he will adapt himself. That said its one game in, we were unfortunate we had no attacking capability on the left, get forsthy back or olssen then that team will look totally different.

Just now, Paul71 said:

Yeah maybe, but if he cant get what he wants to work, then he will adapt himself. That said its one game in, we were unfortunate we had no attacking capability on the left, get forsthy back or olssen then that team will look totally different.

He will have to adapt himself as Paul Clement had to but there were some positives from yesterday as I say Blackman being one of them. 

I was encouraged Pearson said we had offers in for players. 

I await that outcome. 

It was good we didn't lose .

Archived