earley doors

B4ev6is

Well derby played well first 15 to 20 mins moved the ball around quickly but after that  brighton got to grips with us. But i throught bird did okay first half getting blocks in but i think he still offers next to nrothing and slow the play down to much. Bradly h

Johnson was giving the ball away to easly away and causing us more problems. Tom ince simal story when the ball  came to him look across the box slid a ball in giving bent or someone else to run on or to get a shot off. He also should have been looking at bent knock ons to run on.

I felt sorry for chris martin and bent they had next to nrothing service wise until will huges came on at he tried provide service to the forwards.

Will huges made the differance when he came on he played some good balls and came back to defend and nearly scored.

Blackmen worked hard but i still he does not fit our style of play but willing give him a chance.

Scott carson saved us today he made some brillient saves and kepted us a clean sheet and something bluid on. 

Nigel pearson did not hide the fact he was not happy with the porformance but was happy with the work rate.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
36 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Good thing is though Bolton went down last year where as we were playing a team that lost out on automatic promotion by 3 goals. Also we haven't lost Bryson or Hughes.

It was pearsons cunning plan to make sure hughes wasn't injured in the first hour, by not playing him. 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Pearson had a right go at Hendrick one point. He looked like he crapped himself afterwards. Good to see a manager on the sidelines not afraid to express his emotions. 

Missed that but did see him encouraging Jeff urging him on a few times, think he likes Hendrick as it stands. Presumably why him and Bryson were given the middle ground.

Neither Johnson or Blackman showed much movement out wide for them and without stretching them out wide, Ince had someone right alongside most of the game. That's what I hope he saw in this game and will hand out a few rockets for a lack of movement another time.

Nothing to worry about, first match against a team we've gone toe to toe with at the top of this division for a while now. New manager and new ideas, few more games and we'll find our stride again.

Loads of chances yesterday, watching it back we were unlucky not to score.

On 6.8.2016 at 23:13, Gritters said:

Yep that's the only reasonable explanation. 

There's another one. He had to keep Hendrick in, no one would pay 12 millions if he isn't in first team. Hopefully we'll sell him quickly, just to get Will where he belongs.

Archived