Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/04/2017 at 16:49, G STAR RAM said:

Does Messi stand out at international level?

I don't know the answer as I very rarely see Argentina play.

The times I have seen him play in the World Cup he was ok but not the performances you would expect from the best player ever.

The greatest player I've seen live was George Best but I don't remember him standing out at international level - even he couldn't make up for the shortcomings of his team mates.

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is he still rumoured to be off to China in the summer?

Hope conte win's the title.  He's come across remarkably well and very likeable in his interviews. 

He really has got Chelsea playing well and looking at Chelsea fixtures I think the title is theirs   

Costa would be a big loss for them but they have that little terrier Kante who is brilliant at breaking up play. 

Well deserved PFA player of the season. 

10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The greatest player I've seen live was George Best but I don't remember him standing out at international level - even he couldn't make up for the shortcomings of his team mates.

That's why I think it's hard to judge who the best player of all time is.

Messi has obviously been brilliant at Barcelona but he is playing in a team that has been in a 2 or 3 horse race for his whole career, a team that creates so many chances. Of course he is a major major part of that but what Barcelona really suffer if they lost him? 

On the world stage whenever I have seen him, which admittedly is only a handful of times, he has not made me think he was the best player in the world. 

When I think back to what Maradona did back in the mid 80s playing for Napoli and Argentina now they were the performances of the best player in the world.

The World Cup 1986 was the greatest tournament performance I have certainly seen. 

56 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Up tonight is the fa youth cup final between Chelsea and man city.

A lad called ugbo has just scored an excellent overhead to make the score 2-0.

This was a fixture tammy Abraham excelled in last season. 

Wonder if rowett is watching for loan ideas 

4-1 Chelsea now.

Good game with some decent goals.

Chelsea have 9 black outfield players, I look forward to Jason Roberts kicking up a fuss due to white players not being given a chance there...

Lee Carsley manager for Man City. Jody Morris for Chelsea. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

4-1 Chelsea now.

Good game with some decent goals.

Chelsea have 9 black outfield players, I look forward to Jason Roberts kicking up a fuss due to white players not being given a chance there...

Lee Carsley manager for Man City. Jody Morris for Chelsea. 

Man city playing out from the back and being pressed high. Sounds familiar. ...

The speedy winger hudson -odoi looks useful. Scored a cracker. 

Jody morris youngest ever Chelsea player apparently. 

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Man city playing out from the back and being pressed high. Sounds familiar. ...

The speedy winger hudson -odoi looks useful. Scored a cracker. 

Jody morris youngest ever Chelsea player apparently. 

Younger brother of Josh McEachran (remember him) just come on.

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

0-0 tonight between the 2 Manchester clubs. Good for Liverpool I guess. 

Fellaini sent off for waving his afro in agueros face. 

Ridiculous from Fellaini, embarrassing from Ageuro.

Surprise surprise Mourinho thinks it wasn't a red card if Aguero did not go to ground.

I think he perhaps should learn the rules before commenting on officials performances in future.

Looks like The Rangers will have to spend the £40m that David King promised them a few years ago.........

Martin Waghorn seems to be a fans favourite, and Joe Garner is well worth his  £1.5m fee.

Kenny Miller has been a stand out for them this season, at 37! 

An interesting summer in Govan to look forward to. No cash for transfers and no real sellable assets. If expect Warburton to perhaps go for Lee Wallace. 

As for Celtic, fair play, they are streets ahead, and Rodgers has done a brilliant job. It's also good to see him bringing on some decent youngsters from the academy. 

Archived