Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are quite a lot of opinions flying around after just one game! Pretty sure most said Brighton were very average and only midabe fodder after they beat Forest on the opening day of last season.

Give it a few months at least...

Even the Reading 106 side lost their first game of the season - 2-1 at home to Plymouth Argyle! They only went on to lose one more of the other 45 league matches...

There were plenty of opinions flying around before the game. Like that Newcastle will storm the league. That it's obvious. That once they get 5pts ahead they won't be caught. That theyd strengthened soo much. Was starting to wonder if they'd been relegated at all. 

Just a nice little reality check after watching them look toothless first half and vulnerable in the second to a team that's expected to do very little after losing their best player. Well, until they beat Real Newcastle 

They might storm the league. I won't rule it out. 

But maybe some might consider that 1st place is still up for grabs??

A lot of changes at Newcastle so it might actually take them 5 or 6 games to get a win :ph34r:

Remember us last season with all the changes?.. Which is why I'm glad we've had zero changes other than NP, we're a little more settled now at least.

15 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm happy to agree to disagree on what McCormack brings other than goals, which I think is not much. Many Fulham fans agree. Many don't. Statistically his passing is definitely not "superb" though. Genuinely think a player like Martin would do more for a team like Fulham than a McCormack. McCormacks the sort of player you want a in team as an extra bit of quality, not your focal spot.

Anyway on topic thought the game was really good. Newcastle looked occasionally dangerous but generally mediocre (so, a Championship team). Thought Odoi was excellent for Fulham, who looked solid and played very well after scoring.

Good kick off for the season.

I've always liked McCormack so I probably turn a blind eye to some of his poor play. Mostly I just like watching Fulham for their goalkeeper and his trousers

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

sw-av has been very entertaining.

Forestieri FGS started my betting wins this season. And they actually have good chant for him too.

They've spent half the game chanting "you're ******* ****, you're ******* ****, we're ******* good". Had to mute it. 

Villa will take time to gel having replaced almost half their squad.. Sheff Weds look a good side again this season, will defiantly be up there you'd think. 

Newcastle and Villa lose opening games having played average... wonder if their fans are having meltdowns? lol. Villa fans will be more grounded I think, after their poor performance last season, don't think Newcastle fans will be so forgiven if their not top by Xmas.

Archived