Live Game Thread 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Pain in the arse but brilliant at the same time .

Most competitive league in world football by some distance.

It's not just Newcastle that thought it'd be easy. 

Loads of people have been talking about them storming it. About everyone else playing for 2nd. They might and so might Norwich or even Derby. 

They're in this league because they aren't good enough for the PL. They're not on tour. The more they lose the more a lot of people will have to drop out their arse. 

I don't agree that Fulham look better without McCormack either.

McCormack is a brilliant player and Fulham have played to this standard before because they aren't that bad. But neither do I think they'll be causing any upsets. But a player like McCormack would improve any of these teams. Superb passer, good set piece taker, composed under pressure, fairly quick and dangerous from any range. 

It's not been a great game. It's largely involved Real Newcastle passing around in safe areas and Fulham exposing a pretty slow responsive defence. 

Fulham have only one player working this left side for starters. How's that gone on all game. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

It's not just Newcastle that thought it'd be easy. 

Loads of people have been talking about them storming it. About everyone else playing for 2nd. They might and so might Norwich or even Derby. 

They're in this league because they aren't good enough for the PL. They're not on tour. The more they lose the more a lot of people will have to drop out their arse. 

I don't agree that Fulham look better without McCormack either.

McCormack is a brilliant player and Fulham have played to this standard before because they aren't that bad. But neither do I think they'll be causing any upsets. But a player like McCormack would improve any of these teams. Superb passer, good set piece taker, composed under pressure, fairly quick and dangerous from any range. 

It's not been a great game. It's largely involved Real Newcastle passing around in safe areas and Fulham exposing a pretty slow responsive defence. 

Fulham have only one player working this left side for starters. How's that gone on all game. 

I'm happy to agree to disagree on what McCormack brings other than goals, which I think is not much. Many Fulham fans agree. Many don't. Statistically his passing is definitely not "superb" though. Genuinely think a player like Martin would do more for a team like Fulham than a McCormack. McCormacks the sort of player you want a in team as an extra bit of quality, not your focal spot.

Anyway on topic thought the game was really good. Newcastle looked occasionally dangerous but generally mediocre (so, a Championship team). Thought Odoi was excellent for Fulham, who looked solid and played very well after scoring.

Good kick off for the season.

Rafa has been hated by the fans of nearly every club he has managed at the end of his spell in his career whether that would be Valencia,Real Madrid or Chelsea. Newcastle fans needed a reality check, Benitez is a top manager but he isn't the Messiah they think he is.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Excellent start from Newcastle there. Keep it up Magpies.

All a bit deja vu eh. New season, new league, same lowly feeling.

Sure it's early days but the Mackems must be peeing themselves tonight.

4 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Now... lets go on twitter and see if the 'true geordie' is still happy about Rafa staying... no doubt its time for another change such is his fickle ways :lol:

His last tweet was about Mac being a

c u n t  3 hours ago. He seems like a nice guy but a bit delusional but I suppose most Newcastle fans are like that

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

tbf to fulham they looked pretty solid and decent.. they wont be a pushover that's for sure.

For sure, there are a number of teams in the championship where I get really worried before we play them at their home grounds,Fulham are one of them because of their tight ground.

Archived