Fulhams ram raid

satty atwal

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are a typical Luddite. 

Change oh my goodness we can't have that we have to keep failing. 

Stick with Martin and Keogh I don't care. 

Stick with constant failure. 

Don't get me wrong. I do want change. 

I wanted Paul Clement out because he was taking the club backwards and I didn't want Wassall to get the job despite doing a fairly decent job overall - he at least brought back a bit of excitement to our style of play. 

I don't want to see two of our best and most influential players go. I'd sooner see Shackell leave than Keogh, in fact, I'd rather see every single defender at the club leave than Keogh. As for Martin, I think Hughes, Ince and Thorne are the only players I'd keep ahead of him. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Don't get me wrong. I do want change. 

I wanted Paul Clement out because he was taking the club backwards and I didn't want Wassall to get the job despite doing a fairly decent job overall - he at least brought back a bit of excitement to our style of play. 

I don't want to see two of our best and most influential players go. I'd sooner see Shackell leave than Keogh, in fact, I'd rather see every single defender at the club leave than Keogh. As for Martin, I think Hughes, Ince and Thorne are the only players I'd keep ahead of him. 

Shackell is a must to stay for me. 

Keogh has to go for me as does Martin .

I can't change my opinion on this even if people don't like my opinion. 

We have to move on from these 2  

Pearson likes 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 and I don't see Martin in a 2.  

Keogh has 1 year left on his contract which is another reason he has to go. 

I reiterate its my opinion .

Pearson and Powell will have my support even if it takes a while to get replacements and go up now. 

Just now, curtains said:

I know you can't change your opinion. I also don't think anyone else can change your opinion. 

All I can say, from the point of view of 95% of those on here, it's absolutely mental, so much so it's far beyond any comprehension. I don't know why anyone would want to sell the POTY and top goalscorer when there's a bloated squad full of players that aren't pulling the weight never mind having anywhere near the same influence of those two mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

We have to move on from these 2  

The only person that knows what style we're going to play is Pearson so how can you possibly assert that these pair don't fit in to it?

It is also nonsense to suggest that a central defender can't fit in to a style. Pearson might prefer his defenders to defend first and foremost, and that is absolutely fine because Keogh can defend. His ability on the ball is a bonus that shouldn't be discouraged. If he won't sign a new contract maybe he will be sold but I still think he's worth more to us than he is to anyone else.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I know you can't change your opinion. I also don't think anyone else can change your opinion. 

All I can say, from the point of view of 95% of those on here, it's absolutely mental, so much so it's far beyond any comprehension. I don't know why anyone would want to sell the POTY and top goalscorer when there's a bloated squad full of players that aren't pulling the weight never mind having anywhere near the same influence of those two mentioned. 

Fair enough but Derby County is my team as well that  I have supported since I was 10 and I've seen a lot in 54 years .

I don't see 95 percent support for those 2 in the real world  out there amongst Derby Fans  

Can Martin play in a 2 upfront and if so which 2 because we keep reverting back to 4-3-3 to accommodate him  

PS Would you let Keoghs contract run down because he took a while to sign the last one didn't he  

25 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are a typical Luddite. 

Change oh my goodness we can't have that we have to keep failing. 

Stick with Martin and Keogh I don't care. 

Stick with constant failure. 

So you're desperate for us to keep Hendrick, one of the players who has also failed with us on numerous occasions, but want us to get rid of Keogh and Martin. Once again curtains, fantastic logic my friend.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fair enough but Derby County is my team as well that  I have supported since I was 10 and I've seen a lot in 54 years .

I don't see 95 percent support for those 2 in the real world  out there amongst Derby Fans  

PS Would you let Keoghs contract run down because he took a while to sign the last one didn't he  

I'd offer him a three year deal that suits his importance to the club. If he didn't sign it. I'd consider the options. Ultimately, I wouldn't be against letting him run his contract down in order to substantially increase our chances of promotion next season. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd offer him a three year deal that suits his importance to the club. If he didn't sign it. I'd consider the options. Ultimately, I wouldn't be against letting him run his contract down in order to substantially increase our chances of promotion next season. 

That's ridiculous as  we would get nothing for him as he would leave on a free if we failed to go up. 

How long has Martin on his contract ?

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Says the person who won't sell Hendrick 

Why sell Hendrick.

Did you not see his pass yesterday to Ince for the goal. 

I've always advocated Ince in a central striker role in a 2 long before his hat trick against Bristol City 4-0 if you remember. 

I posted play Ince down the middle when others were slating him on here. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's ridiculous as  we would get nothing for him as he would leave on a free if we failed to go up. 

I don't think Mel is desperate for the money. If we can't improve on Keogh for next season then I'd see him go on a free - yes. 

If we signed James Chester, for example, then obviously Keogh becomes a little less important to the side. We could then look to engineer a move that benefits us. I wouldn't want to strengthen a Championship rival, though. 

My opinion is people get far to attached to players. All three have failed to get us promotion for three seasons running. Would it be a huge risk selling all three of course it would. But with the replacements apparently available this window I think it's time for change. I'd be sad to see Martin leave out of the three but If he can't work in anything but a 433 would we have a choice? That formation again hasn't got us promoted in three seasons of trying. For all the improvements Keogh has made he's still prone to moments of madness and being in the last year of his contract if we could get Chester for a similar price of selling Keogh it's a no brainer. 

Keogh with 1 year left on contract sold for 5m odd and Chester signed for 6m or keogh allowed to run down contract and leave on a free? No brainer for me.

Hendrick sold for 8-10m when we already have thorne hughes butterfield johnson bryson? No brainer for me again.

Archived