Fulhams ram raid

satty atwal

14 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I doubt that Fulham could afford all three.

I'd value Keogh at £3m as he's in the last year of his contract.

Russell scores some goals and creates for others, but he's never quite managed to do enough consistently to be a top player. I'd say he's worth £2m.

But Chris Martin is 20 goal a season Championship striker with a long contract and still relatively young at 27. In today's market he must be worth £20m. 

So Fulham need to come with £25m if they are going to land all three.

How can anyone only value him at 2m when phillips is going for 3 times that amount?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why we can't sell Keogh and Martin .

They don't fit what  Pearson and Powell are trying to do.  

Yet another managers hands tied behind his back  by the Derby  fans 

Let them go .

Can Keogh and Martin  ever out serve their purpose. 

11 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

So if option one fails you would rather lose him for free instead of getting 5 odd mill?

I'd rather have one more year out of him playing and another year trying to persuade him to stay while we try to reach the Prem cash pot.

Worst case we stay down and he leaves on a free would be horrible, but worth the gamble for me.

12 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

How can anyone only value him at 2m when phillips is going for 3 times that amount?

Johnny has never quite been a success. He's tried very hard, but there's been nothing in his game to suggest that he's any more than an average Championship player, and £2m is what they cost at present.

Personally, I think that Russell has struggled because he's been played out of position. I think that he's naturally a second striker. I suspect that if we'd played two up front whilst he's been with us, he'd be up there with fifteen goals a season and his valuation would be closer to £10m. But as it is, he's a not quite good enough winger.

33 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I doubt that Fulham could afford all three.

I'd value Keogh at £3m as he's in the last year of his contract.

Russell scores some goals and creates for others, but he's never quite managed to do enough consistently to be a top player. I'd say he's worth £2m.

But Chris Martin is 20 goal a season Championship striker with a long contract and still relatively young at 27. In today's market he must be worth £20m. 

So Fulham need to come with £25m if they are going to land all three.

£20 million for Martin??? No way....maybe 7-8 at best!!

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Fulham want to mount a ram raid for 3 derby players if they sell ross mccormack. The cottagers have enquired about striker johnny russell, centre half richard keogh and target man chris martin.

Source nixon and the sun :ph34r:

If it had been Keogh, Hughes and Martin it would have been so much more creditable...

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Johnny has never quite been a success. He's tried very hard, but there's been nothing in his game to suggest that he's any more than an average Championship player, and £2m is what they cost at present.

Personally, I think that Russell has struggled because he's been played out of position. I think that he's naturally a second striker. I suspect that if we'd played two up front whilst he's been with us, he'd be up there with fifteen goals a season and his valuation would be closer to £10m. But as it is, he's a not quite good enough winger.

I totally disagree with majority of this, phillips was an average player for this league and went for 5.5m. Russell is alot better than him and his stats show this. However i respect your opinion which your obviously entitled to.

4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

I totally disagree with majority of this, phillips was an average player for this league and went for 5.5m. Russell is alot better than him and his stats show this. However i respect your opinion which your obviously entitled to.

Interesting that, I'd say that Phillips has been a better player than Russell over the last three seasons, so the relative valuations are about right. Of course, the real cash value of a player is determined by what offers come in. Maybe it's just that Phillips is a proper winger, so more in demand - he's been bought twice now for over £5m. I heard that a bid for Russell cam in last summer for £1m (I think from Cardiff, but I could be wrong) which the club rejected. 

I suppose until someone makes an offer and we get to hear about it from a credible source we'll never actually know what JR is worth.

38 minutes ago, curtains said:

Let them go .

What are Pearson and Powell trying to do?

Not sure how Pearson is having his hands tied by the fans, we get no say in any of this!

I can understand why perhaps we are looking to move Martin on (doesn't suit Pearson's style ) and at a stretch Keogh with him being in the last year of his contract but not Russell because we have no reason to sell him. However, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we did get rid because Leicester fans said that Pearson would do what appears to be strange things going against what the majority believe in but in the long run it would be for the better.

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can understand why perhaps we are looking to move Martin on (doesn't suit Pearson's style ) and at a stretch Keogh with him being in the last year of his contract but not Russell because we have no reason to sell him. However, I wouldn't be completely shocked if we did get rid because Leicester fans said that Pearson would do what appears to be strange things going against what the majority believe in but in the long run it would be for the better.

I would keep Keogh, ball carring centre backs are at a premium even in the premier. Martin I would be willing to sell for the right price as he dictates our style of play and that is not working (fully) and I do rate Martin.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What are Pearson and Powell trying to do?

Not sure how Pearson is having his hands tied by the fans, we get no say in any of this!

It's this obsession with Martin and Keogh that many fans have. 

Keogh has 1 year left on his contract and him and Martin are probably great guys but if the Manager wants to try something different he shouldn't have the fan pressure to keep them whatever.  

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keogh has 1 year left on his contract and him and Martin are probably great guys but if the Manager wants to try something different he shouldn't have the fan pressure to keep them whatever.  

An obsession with our best striker and our best defender?

Let Pearson decide what do and stop coming up with silly assertions that 'they aren't Pearson type players'.

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

An obsession with our best striker and our best defender?

Let Pearson decide what do and stop coming up with silly assertions that 'they aren't Pearson type players'.

That's your opinion about best striker and defender .

I disagree. 

How good are they really !

Why would you let Keogh run his contract down and go for nothing in a years time. 

Just now, curtains said:

That's your opinion about best striker and defender .

I disagree. 

How can you argue that he isn't our best striker? Now tell me which striker we have in our side that can score the same amount of goals Martin can?

There is debate between whether Keogh is our best defender, but he is atleast our second best defender.

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

You said Keogh and Martin don't fit in with what Pearson and Powell are trying, it's irrelevant what the fans think. What are Pearson and Powell trying to do?

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You said Keogh and Martin don't fit in with what Pearson and Powell are trying, it's irrelevant what the fans think. What are Pearson and Powell trying to do?

3-5-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1  

It is up to them .

It won't be 4-3-3 .

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Let them go .

This is cracking. 

1) Curtains knows what Pearson and Powell are trying to do and apparently our top goalscorer and captain aren't involved.

2) Pearson is scared of making decisions because of what the fans may think of him.

3) Keogh and Martin have 'served their purpose' in, what I can only assume, being our two of our most influential players since they stepped through the door.

When I think about what the Hendrick comments I don't know whether to laugh, cry or sign you up to the asylum! 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This is cracking. 

1) Curtains knows what Pearson and Powell are trying to do and apparently our top goalscorer and captain aren't involved.

2) Pearson is scared of making decisions because of what the fans may think of him.

3) Keogh and Martin have 'served their purpose' in, what I can only assume, being our two of our most influential players since they stepped through the door.

When I think about what the Hendrick comments I don't know whether to laugh, cry or sign you up to the asylum! 

You are a typical Luddite. 

Change oh my goodness we can't have that we have to keep failing. 

Stick with Martin and Keogh I don't care. 

Stick with constant failure. 

Archived