The lads putting in hard graft, then there's Chris Martin...

Srg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Anon said:

Which sports scientist* convinced athletes that it is somehow beneficial to wear a crop top?

*lol

They're for tracking and analysis (heart rate etc.), just the lads choice to not wear a shirt a la Martin. 

All the tech needs to be around the chest area and if they designed it as part of a full shirt it would be cumbersome and unhelpful, probably.

Looks silly in that context though, I agree.

In case anyone is curious as to what the Statsports tech is actually doing here's a quick summary:

Viper Pod Capabilities

Measures total distance

Measures speed

Measures acceleration & deceleration

Measures metabolic load distance

Monitors heart rate

Reports collisions

Reports fatigue index

Measures step balance (left & right)

Measures dynamic stress load

A unique feature of the Viper Pod is the software that is associated with the device. It allows coaches to see real-time player positioning and player motions from a bird’s eye view on a computer or TV monitor.  This feature would normally have to be done with a camera but is possible with Viper Pod’s computer processing chip and GPS system within the hardware.  Also because of its hardware it is able to have less interference compared with other devices when used in large stadiums with spectators using their cell phone or other cellular devices on the same network.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

They're for tracking and analysis (heart rate etc.), just the lads choice to not wear a shirt a la Martin. 

All the tech needs to be around the chest area and if they designed it as part of a full shirt it would be cumbersome and unhelpful, probably.

In case anyone is curious as to what the Statsports tech is actually doing here's a quick summary:

Viper Pod Capabilities

Measures total distance

Measures speed

Monitors heart rate

Reports collisions

Reports fatigue index

A unique feature of the Viper Pod is the software that is associated with the device. It allows coaches to see real-time player positioning and player motions from a bird’s eye view on a computer or TV monitor.  This feature would normally have to be done with a camera but is possible with Viper Pod’s computer processing chip and GPS system within the hardware.  Also because of its hardware it is able to have less interference compared with other devices when used in large stadiums with spectators using their cell phone or other cellular devices on the same network.

That is as fascinating as it is amazing .. You also find out any shirkers . Brilliant in a macro sense . But What would it say about a certain sort of player .. The Berbatovs of this world .. Those who's computer stats don't quite cut it but somehow are still great players ?

1 minute ago, jono said:

That is as fascinating as it is amazing .. You also find out any shirkers . Brilliant in a macro sense . But What would it say about a certain sort of player .. The Berbatovs of this world .. Those who's computer stats don't quite cut it but somehow are still great players ?

I mean for an expert, a coach, it's just information to add on. What you actually see is going to be your primary decision maker and if the berbatovs of this world keep scoring I don't think they'll go missing.

That being said, I think for the younger more raw players in the U21s these numbers are more important to the decision making of the staff. Not going to take a technically gifted U21 into the team if you're unsure they'll physicially be up to senior play.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Viper Pod Capabilities

Measures total distance

Measures speed

Monitors heart rate

Reports collisions

Reports fatigue index

Are you selling them?

51 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

He is running backwards obviously!

To be fair, I don't mind if he is running as snails pace if he gets 30 this season. 

What?.......Dirty Thirty!......30 what?......30 crop tops?, 30 RoyMac5's? or

30 philmycocks?.......with erm 30 snails?.... Blooming snails all over the shop at the moment with all this sticky wet and hot weather, anyone up for 30 cool ones?

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not by the look of this thread.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you the real deal or only yet another name plagiarist? 

Either way, really great player, alas not so great manager.

Of course, no offence meant.

Archived