By Xmas, will our style of play be like that of Clough, Maclaren, Clement or Wassall?

Rampage

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 20:52, Rampage said:

'The Derby Way'. Will our style of play by Xmas be anything like that of Clough, Maclaren, Clement or Wassall? Has Pearson got his own style of play and does it bear any resemblance to that of our four previous managers? Should be interesting to see it unfold. What do you think?

Interesting one really.

I am sure Pearson will want his own style. Parts of which will mirror others to a certain extent.

I would like to see flair with resilience.

I am not sure Wassall had enough time to really develop his own style I think he just tried to play the way everyone imagined the Derby way to be.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, David said:

By Xmas our style of play would be like that of Nigel Pearson

Agree with this. I'm sure Pearson will drill his own style into the team. Hopefully it will be some kind of mix of the previous 4 manager's styles. The team spirit of Clough's side. The flair of McClaren's. The defensive qualities of Clement's. And of Wassall's the......

erm.....

the pleasant post match interviews, because we keep on winning every week and there's nothing to complain about :ph34r:

ps. I honestly do think that Wassall did a good job considering the hand he was dealt 

I don't think we will fix any set up and shouldn't ! .. All our opponents play different styles we need to be the guys that can chose the one that works against specific rivals. .. Well that's the theory anyway. One thing I will be looking for is a desire to move the ball quickly in more than one way. 

35 minutes ago, jono said:

I don't think we will fix any set up and shouldn't ! .. All our opponents play different styles we need to be the guys that can chose the one that works against specific rivals. .. Well that's the theory anyway. One thing I will be looking for is a desire to move the ball quickly in more than one way. 

Chopping and changing every week and worrying about how the opposition set up? No thanks.

That rather depends on how you look at it ,,, if your setting up different through fear to defend against sides or if your setting up differently to attack them and exploit their weaknesses ?,,,,, it's not just about set up its attitude and intent ,,, one thing I do want to see and sure we will in time are players that it hurts like hell to lose in the image of our manager

I have a feeling that Pearson will let the points total do the talking.

Pearson told one interviewer that he would know when he got prickly. Should make interesting viewing.

We know that Pearson can do it.

We know that he will do it his way.

We do not know how long it will take him to do it.

That's why I don't like Pearson. Good manager but dude, don't keep telling us how scary you are. 

Just oozes arrogance. He's probably going to be here for a while and that's cool but I can't see myself watching his interviews for years.

The man obviously hates facing the press after losing and is aware that his emotions are near the surface at those times ,,, if he transfers half of that hatred of losing mentality to our players we have half a chance of success even with this squad , piCked up from the Johnny Russell interview that the players are working harder this pre season and also Pearson is making it very clear what he expects from players ,,, I would hate it if Pearson had come in and made massive changes from his last spell as manager and had become a roll over tickle my tummy character ,,,,,, I want the no nonsense passionate even angry at times bloke who built a foxes team capable of ripping the championship apart 

14 hours ago, cannable said:

Chopping and changing every week and worrying about how the opposition set up? No thanks.

I want us to have a style of course, and a best 12or 13 players but we must be adaptable. That doesn't mean wildly chopping and changing that means picking the right players for a given set of circumstances. We were too rigid too often with PC. 

Move the ball positively and quickly

Archived