Socks or Stockings?

Day

Socks or Stockings  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

socks cover feet, stockings cover feet and lower leg.

and upper leg of women. At least since about 1780.

Are you some sort of restoration dandy?:lol:

If I'd have said at Belper School in the 1980s "owd on lads, just got to get me stockings and boots on" before a match i would, quite rightly, have been beaten senseless.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

If you go to play a bit of 5 a side with your pals and you put on football stockings then you're not playing the same kinda game as everyone else. 

This.

5 a side with socks is football. 5 a side with stockings is an orgy.

If you're giving me the choice of my wife in nothing but a derby county shirt and little ankle high white socks, or my wife in nothing but a Derby County shirt and thigh high black stockings...

Stockings, no socks, no stockings. I can't decide.

If only Google would let me post photos, there might be a poll in here somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If you're giving me the choice of my wife in nothing but a derby county shirt and little ankle high white socks, or my wife in nothing but a Derby County shirt and thigh high black stockings...

Stockings, no socks, no stockings. I can't decide.

If only Google would let me post photos, there might be a poll in here somewhere. 

I prefer your wife in thigh high black stockings too.

Maybe once upon a time they were a stocking, now, due to our wonderful language and fashion changing they are a sock: 

wiki help:- 

"Socks are manufactured in a variety of lengths. Bare or ankle socks extend to the ankle or lower and are often worn casually or for athletic use. Bare socks are designed to create the look of "bare feet" when worn with shoes. Knee-high socks are sometimes associated with formal dress or as being part of a uniform, such as in sports (like football and baseball) or as part of a school's dress code or youth group's uniform. Over-the-knee socks or socks that extend higher (thigh-high socks) are today considered female garments. They were widely worn by children, both boys and girls, during the late-19th and early-20th centuries., although the popularity varied widely from country to country.[12] When worn by adult females, knee-high or thigh-high socks can become the object of sexual attraction and fetishism by some men.[13]" 

I left the last line in there as it may explain the need for some to have a thread in the forum;) 

Archived