Kenneth Otigba

Carl Sagan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Bizarre article don't you think Carl?

A Hungarian /Nigerian. Who has played 88 games in 5 years  (about as much as George? ).

Turning down a move to St brendans Liverpool - really?

Doesn't actually say what defensive position he plays- is this a possible ball playing centre half? To go alongside keogh? 

You're not wrong, but it seemed so odd I thought I'd report it. I think he mainly is a ball-playing centre-half, but according to this BBC article he can play any position along the back 4 and turned down a senior call up to the Hungary squad (he's played for their U21s).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36249520

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

It's another "o" name. Forget the smokescreen about wanting to play for Nigeria,  he's a closet irishman. 

I think we've never heard of him cos heerenveen are rubbish in the Dutch league. A bit like Willem II.

Dutch league are rubbish anyway. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dutch league are rubbish anyway. 

So rubbish that it made players like Suarez,Ibrahimovic,Robben,Erikson,Vermalen,Vertonghen, Van Der Sar,Bergkamp, Davids, Van Nistelrooy,Bony, Seedorf, Van Persie, Daley Blind, Van Bommel, Van Der Varrt, Sneijder and many more crap. Oh wait. Try not to be so ignorant, there are some very good talents in Holland because they are developed the right way.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

So rubbish that it made players like Suarez,Ibrahimovic,Robben,Erikson,Vermalen,Vertonghen, Van Der Sar,Bergkamp, Davids, Van Nistelrooy,Bony, Seedorf, Van Persie, Daley Blind, Van Bommel, Van Der Varrt, Sneijder and many more crap. Oh wait. Try not to be so ignorant, there are some very good talents in Holland because they are developed the right way.

Did I say anything about players? I SAID Dutch league are rubbish so go and bore someone with nonsense knowledge. I still laughing at you because you thought 'easy group' for Austria for Euro says no more. Bye ?

Remember the Dutch league is only 18 teams so he's not going to rack up masses of appearances. He played 19 out of 34 games last season and seemed to be first choice centre half from the turn of the year. I think any team is basing their interest on that. However his side didn't actually keep a clean sheet in 2016 which is worrying.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Did I say anything about players? I SAID Dutch league are rubbish so go and bore someone with nonsense knowledge. I still laughing at you because you thought 'easy group' for Austria for Euro says no more. Bye ?

You're just backing up my point. If the league was so rubbish then why has it developed so many great players? If it was rubbish then these players would have been found out and exposed in other leagues wouldn't they? The problem in Holland isn't the lack of quality, it's the lack of economic resources as they are forced to sell their players to other leagues as they don't have the financial power to compete. It makes me sad seeing traditionally massive clubs like Ajax unable to keep hold of their players. Also it was an easy group for Austria in comparison to the other groups but they completely ballsed it up. Notice how you're not mentioning how I said that Portugal could potentially do well. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

You're just backing up my point. If the league was so rubbish then why has it developed so many great players? If it was rubbish then these players would have been found out and exposed in other leagues wouldn't they? The problem in Holland isn't the lack of quality, it's the lack of economic resources as they are forced to sell their players to other leagues as they don't have the financial power to compete. It makes me sad seeing traditionally massive clubs like Ajax unable to keep hold of their players. Also it was an easy group for Austria in comparison to the other groups but they completely ballsed it up. Notice how you're not mentioning how I said that Portugal could potentially do well. 

You know what, I was actually just on a hunt for evidence to back you up as I would generally agree... However I just checked the latest UEFA coefficients and the Netherlands are rubbish:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Current_ranking

PLUS there isn't a team in the top 25 in the team coefficient:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#UEFA_team_ranking

So it may well be that the dutch league is actually like the scottish league... a couple of half decent teams and a load of bang-average ones...

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

When we're any of them last in the Dutch league though? It is almost like saying England have a good international team as the reached the semi final of Euro 96 :huh:

Archived