Adam Reach

Ambitious

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DerbyPride said:

I think he may be out of our Reach :ph34r:

*Reaches for coat and heads for the nearest exit*

A dam good post, Derby Pride. Get my coat while you are in the cloakroom, if it is on too high a peg, get a stool as it may be out of Reach:ph34r:

Done a bit of forum surfing and most of what I can draw from Preston fans is he's just about better than what they already have. Most think because he was used as a wing back they never saw the best of him, and he'd be more suited to left of a 433 or behind a striker.

Biggest compliments were around his skill level compared to their other players, being hard to knock off the ball, good composure, and ability to beat a man.

Negatives were his lack of pace, and disappointing number of crosses/assists.

40 minutes ago, Rample said:

Done a bit of forum surfing and most of what I can draw from Preston fans is he's just about better than what they already have. Most think because he was used as a wing back they never saw the best of him, and he'd be more suited to left of a 433 or behind a striker.

Biggest compliments were around his skill level compared to their other players, being hard to knock off the ball, good composure, and ability to beat a man.

Negatives were his lack of pace, and disappointing number of crosses/assists.

Interesting but what we need to know is whether he's better than what WE already have... Because I'd imagine that what we have is much much better than what Preston have?

According to Nixon the Wendies are trying to take him on loan, but the Sun journo says nothing along those lines could happen until towards the end of the window (reading between the lines they'd rather explore other options first, presumably a possible transfer) and that Boro rate him very highly. Though not highly enough to have him in their Championship team last season...

I think a lack of pace sounds worrying and is not what I'd expect for a Pearson signing. Reach did, once upon a time, have a place in the England youth setup but that was a long time ago and I'm certainly not upset over the loss of Kwarme Thomas for instance. Of course it's possible he'd come good but the possible pursuit doesn't inspire confidence. Yet again the club has been spouting the mantra of quality over quantity when it comes to incomings. This speculation suggests the recruitment setup is not delivering on those promises.

Archived