Will Hughes

Bris Vegas

If Hughes goes for less than the combined total of what we paid for Johnson and Butterfield I'll be absolutely apopleptic. Don't go Will! One more season is all I ask - let's be honest Mourinho has never been great with integrating young players into the team. Stay at Derby where he's first name on the team sheet.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looking at the performance of the current England midfield Hughes is the diamond in the coal mine and one day we will get decent money for him but I don't think he will have hit his true value for a few years yet.

we are privileged to see him weekly currently and I hope it carries on for several years to come.

I presume the reporter meant to say £7mil plus Rashford, because then I'd listen to it.

The fact we'd "demand" £7mil makes me wonder how lucky some people are to get paid to write articles they are totally clueless about. I'd want at least double that fee before I even dignified any offer with a response. If I was Mel, Pearson, whoever, I'd tell the secretary to just throw any offer under £12mil straight in the bin.

Sheff Wednesday have been quoted 15m for McCormack, Micheal Keane 15m both completely different players to our Will but in an inflated market 7m would be a joke. He has the potential to be a future England star, his vision and composure on the ball is a rare talent that can't be taught. And i hope if he is to leave its for a much bigger amount and to a mid table prem team that will give him game time, there would be nothing worse than to see him wasted on a bench somewhere. 

@MarkRuto: Should be a little movement this week! ???. 

He's the academy scout at derby? Wonder what this is about  

Don't panic,Mel is a businessman and won't sell the crown jewels at a car boot sale.

I reckon we will get another season out of Hughes and easily £15m when he does go,as long as another contract is signed of course.

Maybe we could sell him but send up Baird with dyed blond hair instead :whistle:

Hughes is a big Liverpool fan so can't see this materialising. I know that doesn't really matter but he has criticized Man Utd before on his Twitter which shows he detests them. Had this been Liverpool who made the bid then I'd be worried but Hughes isn't stupid, he probably knows Mourinho ruins young players.

On a different note what happened to the "brilliant" Man Utd academy that Utd fans brag about? They make fun of Man City but Man Utd are just as bad if not worse. 

No way Jose

23 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

are you serious? 

Yes I am. They brag about how brilliant their academy is and how they don't buy the league. They criticize Man City for not bringing through home grown players when City's academy is arguably better than Utd's currently. 

If Man U are serious they will get Hughes. There's no way the club can stand in the way of a move that could see Will selected for the full England side within twelve months.

The good thing is though, with Mel in charge he won't be leaving on the cheap. I'd be amazed if he left for anything less than £15m.

If he goes to United, I can't see Hughes doing anything other than rotting away on the bench at best, just because he's there to make up the homegrown numbers.

Will's got his head screwed on, I'm sure he'd see past the outrageous wage numbers. I'd be more worried if someone like Arsenal or Liverpool came in, they'd be more likely to give him the game time.

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes I am. They brag about how brilliant their academy is and how they don't buy the league. They criticize Man City for not bringing through home grown players when City's academy is arguably better than Utd's currently. 

Haven't they won the U-21 league like 3 times in a row now?

5 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Haven't they won the U-21 league like 3 times in a row now?

Something like that but Southampton finished 6th and most of us would agree they probably have the best academy in England in terms of players coming through over recent years, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain,Walcott,Lallana etc etc. Getting away from the original point I was trying to make, if their academy is so good then why don't they just promote a youth player to fulfil the home grown filter rather than spending money? 

Archived