Tennis 2016

froggg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, froggg said:

30,000 tickets available for Wimbledon tomorrow, available on line from 3:00pm today.

www.wimbledon.com

Oh and think Murray is in the form to win it this year.

If he wins he's British, if he loses he's a Scotsman.

15 hours ago, Cisse said:

Five years on this forum. I've learned something. :D

That now makes you an expert. Gove will be sending out his Correction Squad to dissuade you from making that mistake again in the future.

Tennis makes me cringe. So many silly idiosyncrasies.

Why do they have two goes at serving? Why not have two goes at taking a penalty?

Why do the points go up in such stupid increments? 15, 30, 40. Why not 45? Why not 1,2,3?

Why do the women get paid the same as men playing best of 3 as opposed to best of 5. Imagine if the bloke next to you got paid the same, for the same job, but he works 3 days a week to your 5. Not only that, the women's rallies barely go beyond 3.

Why do the women have to play in negliges? Ah yes, the sponsors. Bunch of perverts.

On 2 July 2016 at 17:22, McLovin said:

Murray must be licking his lips. Wonder if anyone has told him that Djokovic is out yet

Besides a few wannabes, still have Federer to beat in the Semi's, no formality that.

13 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Besides a few wannabes, still have Federer to beat in the Semi's, no formality that.

Nope.

Federer is in the other half of the draw.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Nope.

Federer is in the other half of the draw.

You're right. Wrongly assumed it was 2nd and 3rd together. 

Watched Murray and he was pretty impressive, every match has been around 1 hour 45 mins. Then again Federer only taking 3 sets too, but just seen draw after Murray game and I'd say he has easier half; some big hitters on Federer's side of the draw.

Has to be murrays now. At the moment Andy and Djokovic are a different level to the rest. Murrays problem is Djokovic is better. Be nice to see an aging Rodge have one last hurrah and win it 

Kygrios looks to me as if he hates the game, so just comes up with ways to try and humour himself, doesn't look remotely interested in winning things imo, just a game to make a few bob. 

His whole tanking antics looks to me as if he's losing on purpose or going 2 sets down to see if he can come back and win, a challenge of some sort. looks like he hates the press as well lol.

On 7 July 2016 at 19:12, Phoenix said:

So, Serena Williams has increased her Wimbledon Singles payout from £500,000 to either £1,000,000, or, more likely £2,000,000 in 48 minutes.

I'm all for equal pay for equal work but that was ridiculous.

Im all for equal pay but ive always said if they want it in tennis the should play 5 sets 

Archived