Vardy staying at Leicester

Day

15 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

What success? At the last World Cup we had the worst performance ever.We were on the way home after 2 games in the group stages. Drinkwater was rated by most pundits as the best English mf in the country,he won awards.

Oh I don't know, maybe you could count the 7 Swedish titles, 3 cups, the Danish title and cup and the two European cup finals he reached as success..? I think I might say that was pretty successful 

but hey, you keep reading the daily mail and believing everything that Sly Sports News put on there and we will be just fine...! 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Vardy=one season wonder...

Tending to agree. You can't knock his achievements and at the top level he has done the business but the question was always can he do it for years afterwards. It's looking doubtful.

Arsenal will be thinking they got away with not signing him now. His situation is akin to players who have amazing World Cups and Euros and then get signed for silly money off the back of it then proceed to do nothing else in the game.

Enner Valencia, James Rodriguez nowhere at Real Madrid. I'd even lump Payet in there. Sure Payet has scored a few cracking goals this season but other than that he is hardly producing consistent world class performances that his status would suggest. Overhyped.

3 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Tending to agree. You can't knock his achievements and at the top level he has done the business but the question was always can he do it for years afterwards. It's looking doubtful.

Arsenal will be thinking they got away with not signing him now. His situation is akin to players who have amazing World Cups and Euros and then get signed for silly money off the back of it then proceed to do nothing else in the game.

Enner Valencia, James Rodriguez nowhere at Real Madrid. I'd even lump Payet in there. Sure Payet has scored a few cracking goals this season but other than that he is hardly producing consistent world class performances that his status would suggest. Overhyped.

Payet has created more goal scoring opportunities than any other player on PL so it proves he is consistent.

Archived