Vardy staying at Leicester

Day

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Forgot your unconditional love towards Pool.

Let's talk about his disloyalty again when he goes back to Pool, whatever role that might be.

You mean AFTER he has had a year or two in LA earning more money Than ever before playing in a league with standard lower Han the premiershite. Obviously he couldn't have just retired like Le Tissier..? 

I don't care and quite admire that he did go to LA for the pay check and to experience a different lifestyle with his family, fair play to him, at least he is still motivated by something even if it is only money but to say he is "loyal" and a "one club man" is rubbish. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You mean AFTER he has had a year or two in LA earning more money Than ever before playing in a league with standard lower Han the premiershite. Obviously he couldn't have just retired like Le Tissier..? 

I don't care and quite admire that he did go to LA for the pay check and to experience a different lifestyle with his family, fair play to him, at least he is still motivated by something even if it is only money but to say he is "loyal" and a "one club man" is rubbish. 

Le Tissier, man you think was one club man, didn't retire, he dropped to some non-league team. Giggs who you keep as a one club man, was product of Man City.

Did you know it's easier to let go than hate something so passionately? Or have you just been touting rubbish?

For me both of them + Gerrard are one club men, all of them.

5 hours ago, David said:

Wenger has been very complimentary about Leicester's tactics, it's possible Wenger was looking at a different direction to take the team next season. So whilst the old Arsenal may not have suited him, we don't exactly know how Wenger was planning to use him.

Would any of that played on his mind? possibly but you can look at Derby and question why players like Blackman chose to move to Derby, we played with 1 striker, did he really think he would replace Martin? 

I can understand the lure to stay at Leicester, seen as a hero, know your place in the team is pretty secure and what a season in the CL he's got coming up, just think he should have looked at the bigger picture, not just last season and next season. Whilst Arsenal haven't exactly been clocking up the trophies the chances of adding more to his trophy cabinet would be at Arsenal and European football each season.

Yeah, I suppose it's reasonable to assume that Wenger is aware of Vardy's style of play and was planning to use him accordingly.  But this would mean that he would be used as some sort of Plan B, a counter-attacking measure, if for example, Arsenal have the lead in a big match and are able to sit back.  Most of the time, facing a packed defence at 0-0 in the EPL, Vardy isn't going to be terribly effective. 

Vardy will be 30 next year, and in my opinion his situation couldn't be more ideally suited to him.  Currently playing in a successful team which is perfect for his style of play. Things have been going so well for him that he has even broken into the England team.  How many people would have predicted that for him just a couple of years ago?  It's clear that the current set up at Leciester is one in which he thrives.

In my view, too many players, because the careers start to go well get lured to big clubs.  They ignore the fact that sometimes the reason their career was going well is that they were at a club that suited them.  They move, often struggle and end up wasting a big chunk of their careers.  There was a very real chance that this would have happened to Vardy had he gone to Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Le Tissier, man you think was one club man, didn't retire, he dropped to some non-league team. Giggs who you keep as a one club man, was product of Man City.

Did you know it's easier to let go than hate something so passionately? Or have you just been touting rubbish?

For me both of them + Gerrard are one club men, all of them.

Le Tissier played for an unfashionable club for his entire professional career, he could have moved on numerous occasions and got the big money he deserved but he didn't.  To say Giggs was a "product of man city" is an hilarious stretch, he was signed up for the school of excellence as an 11 year old and had left before he was 13..hardly coming through the ranks is it..?

Gerrard is still playing you know, for another club....not Liverpool, hence, he is not a one man club....

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Le Tissier played for an unfashionable club for his entire professional career, he could have moved on numerous occasions and got the big money he deserved but he didn't.  To say Giggs was a "product of man city" is an hilarious stretch, he was signed up for the school of excellence as an 11 year old and had left before he was 13..hardly coming through the ranks is it..?

Gerrard is still playing you know, for another club....not Liverpool, hence, he is not a one man club....

Has someone else joined Gerrard FC?

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

So playing for the big club almost all of your career you you can either be loyal or disloyal, depends which club it we all talking about.

But playing almost all of your career for unfashionable club makes you automaticly loyal.

You'd make hell of a goalkeeper Muespach. Attackers would never know where the goalposts are.

"it used to be here, but as you have Pool's shirt, now it's over there"..

I'm sure he's had a pay rise.

Maybe he's happy where he is? He's an international, he's currently at the highest level you can reach in football. 

Maybe he has more confidence in Leicester than us?

Maybe he's seen endless players step out of their comfort zone and where they "fit" then go on to flop? 

Good on him. 

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

So playing for the big club almost all of your career you you can either be loyal or disloyal, depends which club it we all talking about.

But playing almost all of your career for unfashionable club makes you automaticly loyal.

You'd make hell of a goalkeeper Muespach. Attackers would never know where the goalposts are.

"it used to be here, but as you have Pool's shirt, now it's over there"..

Not at all, I am saying that it is easier to play for Chelsea all your career like the racist thug has done than it would be to stay at a. Club like Southampton who never did anything and would pay significantly less. And you know this is true. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm sure he's had a pay rise.

Maybe he's happy where he is? He's an international, he's currently at the highest level you can reach in football. 

Maybe he has more confidence in Leicester than us?

Maybe he's seen endless players step out of their comfort zone and where they "fit" then go on to flop? 

Good on him. 

I just think that he doesn't believe he is good enough to make the step up. 

6 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Not at all, I am saying that it is easier to play for Chelsea all your career like the racist thug has done than it would be to stay at a. Club like Southampton who never did anything and would pay significantly less. And you know this is true. 

Without the manager change, thug would've gone to other club. Just like Gerrard did.

Not sure why money should be brought into it... you talk about flirting with other clubs and getting payrise, but have you had offers to do the same job with bigger salary? it would be mad not to consider it! But if you get closer or same from the club you want to stay in, of course it make decision to stay easier.

They are human's after all. Even the scousers.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I just think that he doesn't believe he is good enough to make the step up. 

I think his film script has been decided and he can't be arsed to add an extra half hour on for his Arsenal move

16 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

it is a MASSIVE step up, and he proved again tonight that he is nowhere near good enough.

Actually he put more effort in the time that he was on,than all the others put together.Also like most players you have to play to his strengths,there was nobody in the team who could do that. If that clown,Hodgson had included Drinkwater as he should have done we would be in the quarters,now.

Just now, top 6 finish said:

Actually he put more effort in the time that he was on,than all the others put together.Also like most players you have to play to his strengths,there was nobody in the team who could do that. If that clown,Hodgson had included Drinkwater as he should have done we would be in the quarters,now.

Pinning the blame on Hodgson is so so easy, he seems like a decent bloke who has had a good amount of success in his career, to say he is a clown is just lazy, just like the journalists in England that you read too much of.

You really think Drinkwater would have been enough to inspire them in to the next round.? I would say that a decent goalkeeper would have helped us a lot more.

Archived