Aden Flint

richinspain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make him captain - then I've got just the chant...

"Darby M'Graw - fetch aft the rum"

(that's too subtle for a lot of you)

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

^ think I'll "like" this so as to appear intelligent :whistle:

Captain Flint (Treasure Island)

Someone at work knows Aden Flint quite well, he's an Alfreton Town season ticket holder and used to chat to him a lot after the games.

Flint has stepped up to each level and has proven himself as a good CB in the championship, also has a good goal-scoring record for his position.

For me though I can't see him fitting in, we have Keogh-Shackell-Buxton-Pearce-Baird-Rawson-Hanson-Albentosa-Shotton who are still on the books who can play CB.

If we get rid of a lot of our CBs then I wouldnt mind Flint as our 3rd/4th choice CB (I believe Rawson is good enough cover) but then again, I said the same about Pearce and look what happened to him 

18 hours ago, Dimmu said:

******* FM.

Yes, he is fast. But so is many other defenders. In blocking and positioning we can find much better players from this division, actually from our own team too. Let's put it this way, without his ability to bring ball forward, he would be much worse as a CB.

Try to think his carrying the ball as a way of playing, not as a stat. Preferred move or how was it in that game?

Would be interesting to see football game from your eyes. FM numbers everywhere...

I was merely using the simplicity of FM as a tool to highlight the argument... His BEST attributes are defensive attributes... His most UNIQUE attribute is his ball carrying ability... Best and unique are not the same thing...

He's a top rated defender in our league... Not for his ball carrying... For his defending...

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I was merely using the simplicity of FM as a tool to highlight the argument... His BEST attributes are defensive attributes... His most UNIQUE attribute is his ball carrying ability... Best and unique are not the same thing...

He's a top rated defender in our league... Not for his ball carrying... For his defending...

Is he a goalkeeper? Or a rugby player perhaps?

13 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Is he a goalkeeper? Or a rugby player perhaps?

I think maybe he should be playing on the wing... If the thing he's best at is carrying the ball...

However I was mostly of the opinion that 4 different Derby managers and the ROI boss keep picking him at CB because of his excellent defensive qualities... I'd also hesitate to point out that ROI often seem to play a 4-4-1-1 formation which he's had glowing reviews playing in...

Archived