Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

Ha, thank you all. Kept a bit of a diary.

Got beers in the fridge and not felt like touching one at all ?

Tues 29th, Day 1

Very minor cough, once or twice an hour, lateral flow test taken to be safe, negative. Cough got worse overnight kept me up.

Wed 30th, Day 2

Didn’t feel too bad, a bad dry cough though, sore throat. Tested positive on lateral flow.

Thurs 1st, Day 3

Real bad cough, feel a bit ugh, did a PCR test at home (Leanne couldn’t face driving, also tested positive). Bed sheets soaking in morning.

Fri 2nd, Day 4

Cough not so bad, can feel it breaking up, but feel absolutely whacked, no energy at all. Bed sheets soaking again. Did another lateral flow, went positive in seconds.

Sat 3rd, Day 5

Pretty much the same as yesterday, although coughing now really hurts, almost like I’ve bruised my throat or something. 

(Haven’t lost smell or taste at any stage)

1 hour ago, David said:

Ha, thank you all. Kept a bit of a diary.

Got beers in the fridge and not felt like touching one at all ?

Tues 29th, Day 1

Very minor cough, once or twice an hour, lateral flow test taken to be safe, negative. Cough got worse overnight kept me up.

Wed 30th, Day 2

Didn’t feel too bad, a bad dry cough though, sore throat. Tested positive on lateral flow.

Thurs 1st, Day 3

Real bad cough, feel a bit ugh, did a PCR test at home (Leanne couldn’t face driving, also tested positive). Bed sheets soaking in morning.

Fri 2nd, Day 4

Cough not so bad, can feel it breaking up, but feel absolutely whacked, no energy at all. Bed sheets soaking again. Did another lateral flow, went positive in seconds.

Sat 3rd, Day 5

Pretty much the same as yesterday, although coughing now really hurts, almost like I’ve bruised my throat or something. 

(Haven’t lost smell or taste at any stage)

Have you just had the one jab? 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

That red tippex is awful, but the white tippex that removed the u and the n is brilliant. Where did you buy that from?

Hey @David  No need for the sad face. I would have done the same joke had it been the boss, @Boycie, who had posted the picture. Hope that the symptoms are not too bad, and that the Mrs is rallying around. I bet she will have ‘in sickness and in health’ excluded from the marriage vows. Don’t forget the invite.

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

@David hope it's gone soon . Probably a stupid question, but any idea where you might have got it from?

Not a stupid question, went to a 10th anniversary party last Saturday, outside, only 30 of us, but over Tuesday/Wednesday, both me and Leanne tested positive (Wednesday) as well as 9 others from the party. 

3 of which had been double vaccinated.

2 of those 3 are struggling (not hospitalised), the other has only had this metal taste in her mouth, got her PCR through last night and shocked by it as she would never have thought it.

She was isolating anyway as were most of the party and families as the app started pinging people to isolate on Wednesday. 

Just one of those things I guess, touch wood I think I’ll be back to normal early next week, it’s been no fun, we’ve been quite lucky to have it relatively mild unlike others who had it early on.

Even luckier, our isolation ends the night before the Euro’s final, hopefully England make it!

CA1637AB-8026-4BAD-9434-83731960E668.png

Really bad signal here.  Your post is like an internet version of Norman Collier, but I think I've got the gist of it.

Are you on honeymoon?

Congratulations.  Sounds like it's going really, really well.  Respek!

9 hours ago, David said:

Kept a bit of a diary.

...felt like touching one... twice an hour... kept me up... feel... throat... Leanne... face... Bed sheets soaking in morning... whacked... Bed sheets soaking again... seconds... now really hurts...

On 03/07/2021 at 16:21, David said:

Not a stupid question, went to a 10th anniversary party last Saturday, outside, only 30 of us, but over Tuesday/Wednesday, both me and Leanne tested positive (Wednesday) as well as 9 others from the party. 

3 of which had been double vaccinated.

2 of those 3 are struggling (not hospitalised), the other has only had this metal taste in her mouth, got her PCR through last night and shocked by it as she would never have thought it.

She was isolating anyway as were most of the party and families as the app started pinging people to isolate on Wednesday. 

Just one of those things I guess, touch wood I think I’ll be back to normal early next week, it’s been no fun, we’ve been quite lucky to have it relatively mild unlike others who had it early on.

Even luckier, our isolation ends the night before the Euro’s final, hopefully England make it!

CA1637AB-8026-4BAD-9434-83731960E668.png

How are you doing @David? Hopefully you're feeling better.

On 07/07/2021 at 22:40, richinspain said:

How are you doing @David? Hopefully you're feeling better.

Today is the first day I feel slightly human again, will be 2 weeks on Wednesday since I tested positive. Honestly it’s floored me, never felt so ill in my life. Leanne who also tested positive has been a genuine life saver these past couple of weeks.

Started out quite mild but soon got pretty intense and scary, so many symptoms that just cripple you basically. 

Covid is not to be messed with

1 hour ago, David said:

Today is the first day I feel slightly human again, will be 2 weeks on Wednesday since I tested positive. Honestly it’s floored me, never felt so ill in my life. Leanne who also tested positive has been a genuine life saver these past couple of weeks.

Started out quite mild but soon got pretty intense and scary, so many symptoms that just cripple you basically. 

Covid is not to be messed with

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.