Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some would argue you couldn’t walk before tbh.

I wouldn’t argue.

Saying that, got London booked in 3 weeks to do the walking tourist thing, might have to rent one of those electric scooter things if this ankle is knackered

1 hour ago, David said:

I wouldn’t argue.

Saying that, got London booked in 3 weeks to do the walking tourist thing, might have to rent one of those electric scooter things if this ankle is knackered

What a 100 carat gold plonker you are Rodney.

4 hours ago, David said:

Well yeah, I couldn’t bloody walk could I!

Two buckets of water, one scalding, one ice cold. Alternate poorly ankle with about 2 minutes in each for as long as possible. You may need something to bite on at the time?

Helps get the bruising out. ??

Edited by Grumpy Git

On 29/10/2022 at 08:36, Mucker1884 said:

BOOO!

He's not posted this for sympathy.  He actually wants us to take the pi55!  

What a guy!  ?

It looks horrid! I crushed my lower leg and ankle about 10 years ago and it's all pinned, screwed and plated. Looks like meccano! Now that I'm older it's getting increasingly painful and arthritic. As I read David's post my own ankle was twinging in sympathy! I can walk about 2 miles but after that it reminds me that it's not best pleased!

I agree with the 'say no to that second pint'!! From what he's posted it would seem that therein lay the problem!!

In my case, I snagged my trouser leg on a rose bush whilst gardening. Very innocent!! ?

28 minutes ago, Miggins said:

It looks horrid! I crushed my lower leg and ankle about 10 years ago and it's all pinned, screwed and plated. Looks like meccano! Now that I'm older it's getting increasingly painful and arthritic. As I read David's post my own ankle was twinging in sympathy! I can walk about 2 miles but after that it reminds me that it's not best pleased!

I agree with the 'say no to that second pint'!! From what he's posted it would seem that therein lay the problem!!

In my case, I snagged my trouser leg on a rose bush whilst gardening. Very innocent!! ?

Yeah.  You're right of course, we shouldn't mock, or even make light of the situation.

... But it sometimes takes a saint to do what is truly right, proper, and decent!  

In all seriousness, @David, I hope all goes well with the healing process, and that there are no longer lasting after- effects.  ?

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah.  You're right of course, we shouldn't mock, or even make light of the situation.

... But it sometimes takes a saint to do what is truly right, proper, and decent!  

In all seriousness, @David, I hope all goes well with the healing process, and that there are no longer lasting after- effects.  ?

There will be long lasting after effects unfortunately ?

Still a pisshead ?

Amateur doctor here having spent the night Googling, but circled, that line, that’s a fracture on the fibula I’m telling you. Bang where the swelling is.

I’ve sprained joints before, this feels different, so different. I’m due in the fracture clinic on Thursday anyhow, will find out if it’s an A&E doctor fobbing me off for them to deal with. 

2AA27B33-5008-44E5-9A46-FE6BA8A5C082.jpeg

11 hours ago, David said:

Amateur doctor here having spent the night Googling, but circled, that line, that’s a fracture on the fibula I’m telling you. Bang where the swelling is.

I’ve sprained joints before, this feels different, so different. I’m due in the fracture clinic on Thursday anyhow, will find out if it’s an A&E doctor fobbing me off for them to deal with. 

I had something similar many years back, sent home after being told it wasn't a fracture, only to be called back 5 days later after a consultant had ruled it was.

I think they termed it a greenleaf fracture, where the bone splinters rather than breaks completely. 

Treatment wasn't affected though, it will heal in time.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I had something similar many years back, sent home after being told it wasn't a fracture, only to be called back 5 days later after a consultant had ruled it was.

I think they termed it a greenleaf fracture, where the bone splinters rather than breaks completely. 

Treatment wasn't affected though, it will heal in time.

Not surprising, could go political with the NHS staff shortages, especially at a weekend, X ray was pulled up and looked at for around 5 seconds before a diagnosis of no break, a boot and an appointment for the fracture clinic was made. Almost made to feel guilty for coming to A&E. 

First time I’ve seen a no break immediately referred to a fracture clinic though, more important things than casting up an ankle I’m guessing.

Random they called you back 5 days later, presume someone reviews X-rays for some reason.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Not surprising, could go political with the NHS staff shortages, especially at a weekend, X ray was pulled up and looked at for around 5 seconds before a diagnosis of no break, a boot and an appointment for the fracture clinic was made. Almost made to feel guilty for coming to A&E. 

First time I’ve seen a no break immediately referred to a fracture clinic though, more important things than casting up an ankle I’m guessing.

Random they called you back 5 days later, presume someone reviews X-rays for some reason.

It was a long time ago, when the health service was adequately funded.

Mid to late 80s, I guess.

21 hours ago, David said:

Jeez that new iPhone camera is amazing!  Can it look through ladies clothing so they appear naked?

Well, went to the fracture clinic, didn't have to convince the doctors, straight away you've fractured your ankle.

Sat waiting for more X Rays now and back to the fracture clinic to see what the crack is, hopefully no surgery and straight cast for 6 weeks. 

Weirdly, the fracture wasn't where I thought it was.

E9C02FCD-787E-47EE-A1DB-A20E27D834DF.jpeg

FCE27A8D-E65A-4620-B76F-E577AF3FD2CC.jpeg