Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

27 minutes ago, David said:

Mate posted on Facebook a weird cryptic I’m in hospital status, me being me after a few beers thought it would be a great idea to go see her and find out what’s going on.

Grabbed the electric scooter but not my glasses, thought the pavement dipped in but no, 20mph twatted the curb full on and sent me for a flight across the pavement.

Rang the missus, managed to get me home somehow, woke up a couple hours ago in so much pain, can’t move left leg and ribs are battered.

Managed to slide down the stairs but couldn’t get up so rang the ambulance.

Loaded me in the back and filled me up on morphine. 

To sum up then, you fell off a child's toy while breaking lockdown?

Codeine and crutches. F’d my thigh muscle up pretty badly, with the mask and foreign language didn’t quite understand him other than expect large amount of bruising and the pain to get worse before it gets better. Got off lightly all things considered.

28 minutes ago, David said:

Codeine and crutches. F’d my thigh muscle up pretty badly, with the mask and foreign language didn’t quite understand him other than expect large amount of bruising and the pain to get worse before it gets better. Got off lightly all things considered.

I doubt very much he was speaking in a foreign language, and perhaps the bit you didn’t understand was his comments about the idiocy of your actions. Just my current thoughts. 

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I doubt very much he was speaking in a foreign language, and perhaps the bit you didn’t understand was his comments about the idiocy of your actions. Just my current thoughts. 

That is a strong possibility and one that I couldn’t argue with. 

Not that this excuses what I did, I live right next to the hospital, half a mile down straight road, wasn’t a trek across town or anything like that. 

Reason I took the scooter was I rolled my ankle earlier in the day and had that strapped up. 

Again, no excuses, complete and utter stupidity

9 minutes ago, David said:

That is a strong possibility and one that I couldn’t argue with. 

Not that this excuses what I did, I live right next to the hospital, half a mile down straight road, wasn’t a trek across town or anything like that. 

Reason I took the scooter was I rolled my ankle earlier in the day and had that strapped up. 

Again, no excuses, complete and utter stupidity

Appreciate the reply buddy. Look after yourself, and get well soon. And by looking after yourself, I mean in all respects - genuinely concerned that the Peroni intake needs some consideration. All the best.

4 hours ago, David said:

You lucky sod!  I bet he had those smokin' come to bed eyes too, just like this fella...

goze-surme-nasil-cekilir.jpg

20 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is the hospital half a mile down the road? How convenient ?

There’s a side entrance off that long road which cuts it in half. 

Wouldn’t have done it had it been across town or anything.

Still wrong regardless of distance. This friend though has had a few issues, I’ll come on for criticism for this sure, but that’s me, friend in need I’ll be there. 

Can’t group me up with those on Westminster Bridge or BBQ’s in the park. 

Morphine wearing off now, pain increasing so there’s that for you all to enjoy ?

7ABE4AA4-1C7A-4CDD-A326-DAE64596B8AE.jpeg

11 minutes ago, David said:

There’s a side entrance off that long road which cuts it in half. 

Wouldn’t have done it had it been across town or anything.

Still wrong regardless of distance. This friend though has had a few issues, I’ll come on for criticism for this sure, but that’s me, friend in need I’ll be there. 

Can’t group me up with those on Westminster Bridge or BBQ’s in the park. 

Morphine wearing off now, pain increasing so there’s that for you all to enjoy ?

7ABE4AA4-1C7A-4CDD-A326-DAE64596B8AE.jpeg

Arh yes, I remember passing it. 

9 hours ago, David said:

Mate posted on Facebook a weird cryptic I’m in hospital status, me being me after a few beers thought it would be a great idea to go see her and find out what’s going on.

Grabbed the electric scooter but not my glasses, thought the pavement dipped in but no, 20mph twatted the curb full on and sent me for a flight across the pavement.

Rang the missus, managed to get me home somehow, woke up a couple hours ago in so much pain, can’t move left leg and ribs are battered.

Managed to slide down the stairs but couldn’t get up so rang the ambulance.

Loaded me in the back and filled me up on morphine. 

Aren’t those electric scooter things illegal to use on public roads?

You’re having a shocker here..

9 hours ago, David said:

all the nurses are impressed by our food bank efforts. Think one nurse has her eye on me, might ask for a bath

This is my favourite bit.

Some absolute tool decides lockdown doesn't apply to him and scooters off to see his mate, ends up in A&E stinking of booze, complaining that the doctor doesn't speak proper English, slurring all over the nurses about his forum fundraising whilst simultaneously costing the overstretched NHS a fortune in ambulance call outs, x rays, painkillers... yeah... I bet she was well impressed with you ???