Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

Hi, sorry I missed this post, my office view looks towards where you were, look I'm waving!

Haha! I’m on Sunborn currently training! 

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I love real ale, never tried oraft ale though

No, nor me, and I'm slightly suspicious of the whole concept. The fact that some of it seems to be keg beer is very off putting.

I like Bass or Pedigree served flat out of the barrel, so if craft beer is something fizzed up through a pipe, I don't want to know. 

It's definitely got a whiff of hipster about it. 

Nowt wrong with a few bubbles in your drink, only a matter of time before it swings the other way and you’re a hipster if you’ve got a can of Carling on the go.

Too much snobbery in the alcohol world, it all gets you smashed the more you drink, not telling me those chocolaty nutty aromas with the honey after tastes can be found once your 5 pints in and already designing the kebab to end the night on.

Why I laugh at those wine tasting, swirling it and sniffing away trying to act sophisticated when we know it gets gulped down bypassing the tongue and tastebuds whilst on the sofa wearing Primark pyjamas and watching Ant & Dec.

I say all this but there is one drink, one drink which really is not suitable for human consumption and that’s cider, now I can only imagine it’s some kind of nostalgia thing, throwback to being kids when you tried to get the most for your money, Lambrini worked at times but 2 litres of White Lightening really hit the spot. That sickly sweet fizzy apple smell really does remind you of those teacher training days down the local park. 

Guess it’s a little like Star Wars and Dr Who, makes absolutely no sense watching these other than that nostalgic feelings they give you. 

36 minutes ago, David said:

Nowt wrong with a few bubbles in your drink, only a matter of time before it swings the other way and you’re a hipster if you’ve got a can of Carling on the go.

Too much snobbery in the alcohol world, it all gets you smashed the more you drink, not telling me those chocolaty nutty aromas with the honey after tastes can be found once your 5 pints in and already designing the kebab to end the night on.

Why I laugh at those wine tasting, swirling it and sniffing away trying to act sophisticated when we know it gets gulped down bypassing the tongue and tastebuds whilst on the sofa wearing Primark pyjamas and watching Ant & Dec.

I say all this but there is one drink, one drink which really is not suitable for human consumption and that’s cider, now I can only imagine it’s some kind of nostalgia thing, throwback to being kids when you tried to get the most for your money, Lambrini worked at times but 2 litres of White Lightening really hit the spot. That sickly sweet fizzy apple smell really does remind you of those teacher training days down the local park. 

Guess it’s a little like Star Wars and Dr Who, makes absolutely no sense watching these other than that nostalgic feelings they give you. 

The wife sometimes gets a bit nostalgic after a couple of pints of cider. Thinking of building a bike shed in the back garden, so she can get that authentic feel while recalling her youth.

3 hours ago, David said:

there is one drink, one drink which really is not suitable for human consumption and that’s cider

I'm sure we've had this conversation before, but proper cider is out of this world. The most mellow, trippy, delightful intoxication, with no ill effects, because there's nothing nasty or chemical in it. 

You cannot compare the experience with youthful vomitfests on white lightning; it's night and day. 

8 hours ago, Spanish said:

got your sea sick pills?  Looks a bit choppy out there.  

Haha I’m train back to Derby now..... got lucky with weather last two days