Let's put a price on Troy Deeney's head

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 million.

Not old yet but experienced, done it at PL a level now. Can play as a lone striker or in a front 2. All rounder, good in the air as well as at his feet. That's 15 million right there, which is probably the going rate for a decent PL striker.

The extra 5 million is because he's an important player for Watford, he's both captain and a fan favourite who's been at the club for quite a while. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I'm guessing by the 30 million price tag it's not any time soon.

The McCormack transfer ****** everything up.

29 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

20 million.

Not old yet but experienced, done it at PL a level now. Can play as a lone striker or in a front 2. All rounder, good in the air as well as at his feet. That's 15 million right there, which is probably the going rate for a decent PL striker.

The extra 5 million is because he's an important player for Watford, he's both captain and a fan favourite who's been at the club for quite a while. Not sure how long is left on his contract but I'm guessing by the 30 million price tag it's not any time soon.

The McCormack transfer ****** everything up.

Agree, Watford don't want him to go which will probably jump the price up to 30m.  30. Million. 30. Million.  Deeney... :huh:

Makes 20m for Vardy seem like a crime. 

Deeney scored 20+ goals for three consecutive seasons for Watford, then he scored 13 Premier League goals and assisted a further seven in a pretty mediocre side against top-flight opposition.

That considering, in the real world about £9m, but in today's ridiculous over-spending Premier League world it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave (Leicester want him) for around £27m.

He ticks all the ight boxes for an absurd amount. He's English, he's proven at top-level and he's only 27 so got another good five years in him left. £27m!

I can see that Ranieri might want a better version of Ulloa to support Vardy but Deeney, whilst a good player who I'd be delighted to have at Derby, is very expensive at £25m.

However, if you are the league champions and have the money, why not?

I think they would struggle to replace him with someone that is as good of a leader for the team, let alone with scoring and creating as many for £15 million. They would have struggled without him this year. Don't think I'd be massively impressed if I was a fan of a prem team and we spent more than £20 million on him, though.

According to my Walsall fan friend they have a large sell on clause he reckoned that on the original rejected bid Walsall would have been in to receive 4.5million or something ridiculous this is probably why Watford are holding out for more

Aren't Fleetwood due something like £7m if Vardy moves too?  These sell on fees definitely inflate prices as selling teams want enough left to upgrade let alone replace.

However with the likes of Deeney and Vardy performing where they are, and all premier teams being able to give 100k a week and reject £20m bids for their best players, then why risk selling and spending a shed load on a likely foreign replacement that could flop.

Deeney could the difference between Watford surviving and getting relegated so it's natural that they would want as much as they can. The new TV deal in the Premier League means that players prices will be over inflated. This could end up in one of two ways: 1) players prices are going to keep rising and rising as teams are willing to pay the clubs asking price for a player as they have the wealth to do so or 2) It could lead to a price drop similar to that of a stock market where the supply outweighs the demand. For example, Man City paid 49 million for Sterling. If he doesn't improve then it's likely Man City will sell him at a cut back price which could then influence the market. It really depends on whether the Premier League continues to get bigger and bigger which I expect it too. However, if it doesn't for whatever reason then it could lead to a lot of teams in the Premier league having financial difficulties which I re-call happening to Serie A in the 90s.

Archived