England win the Cook cup

froggg

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

How bizzare was that pitch?!! Didn't really allow for an awful lot of stability at the scrum or set piece. Amazing they let test match rugby be played on that. 

Yeah it was a bit of a disgrace. I think the crappy pitch benefitted Australia as well, our scrum was more powerful. In particular Cole had Slipper on toast.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Well...the ref is the pro, not me so we have to go with his reading of the game. 

Maybe im just used to seeing us get pinged umpteen times during games for slowing ball down and was surprised we didn't this time. I was watching a feed from Aussie TV and they were going bonkers with the ref... 

My favouite bit was when Welsh Nige tried to get Farrell pinged but the ref took a look at the replay on the big screen and deemed Foley at fault and gave us a penalty which of course OF duly despatched... Love it. 

Now I want to see us turn the screw, just as the All Blacks would. No basking in the glory of a series win this week. Let's go and hammer the nail home and whitewash them. 

that Foley bit was brilliant, and the thing about us not getting pinned is the Aussies aren't used to people defending like that against them. They're also used to getting all the decisions go there way.

3 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Yeah it was a bit of a disgrace. I think the crappy pitch benefitted Australia as well, our scrum was more powerful. In particular Cole had Slipper on toast.

It was like they had just layed the turf a few days before. Strange. It's not like we don't have rain in UK but our pitches these days don't cut up like in the days I was growing up back in 70s... 

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

that Foley bit was brilliant, and the thing about us not getting pinned is the Aussies aren't used to people defending like that against them. They're also used to getting all the decisions go there way.

Totally the wrong bloke to do that to is Farrell. He loves a bit of niggle and then hurts you with his kicking ability. 

My Welsh mate and me were laughing about him today... It's only right that England has one player we love and everyone else dislikes!! 

On 6/18/2016 at 18:10, davenportram said:

best defensive performance I've seen by any team ever. Made almost four times as many tackles as Australia and hardly ever any threat of yellow cards. Hard, effective and disciplined defense coupled with good execution when we had possession in advanced positions. Line out was poor compared to international standards though

200 tackles to 50. Amazing.

On 6/18/2016 at 13:35, Posh Ram said:

Incredible. Up to second in the world and exactly the opposite of how we were under Lancaster - winning with backs against the wall.

The most exciting thing is that most of the core of this team will be coming into their prime at the next World Cup which is in Japan, where Eddie Jones will feel comfortable. Our scrum - with Itoje, Hartley, the Vunipolas - may well be the best in the world. 

Yay, 2nd in the world out of, what, 20? Bloody minority sports.

Well done England though, you can only beat what's in front of you i guess.

Archived