Lee Grant

DCFC1388

10 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

I think this is pretty much the case for players like Hughes, Russell, Hendrick, Martin e.t.c rather than Buxton to be honest.   

Why? Because you don't rate Buxton?

Not rating him is fine, wouldn't argue with you at all, each to their own. It's just you're trying to backup your he's crap opinion by speaking on behalf of all managers and when I use your own logic against you it doesn't apply to those players.....why? Because you don't dislike them as much as Buxton.

Think we're done here, made me point and I disagree with you entirely. For the record I hope he's here next season and Lee Grant. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sammy1946 said:

I think this is pretty much the case for players like Hughes, Russell, Hendrick, Martin e.t.c rather than Buxton to be honest.   

Wild speculation on your part... 

On 26/06/2016 at 12:15, Sammy1946 said:

Tell this to managers of Championship clubs who do not rate him at all. They might know something... 

There's a chap down the road who manages a championship side and rated our Bucko very highly when he was our manager... So there's at least 1 championship manager who rates him... 

Also... Bucko has been a key member of the squad for most of his time here... He has successfully seen off challenges from 'better' players over the years to keep improving and keep his place in the side... Until this last season (most of which he spent injured) he was considered a solid first team player in a side challenging for promotion... Who would consider him available? Even at the end of last year he was considered our 3rd best CB... Ahead of young Rawson who is one of Wassall's academy lads...

As far as I can tell this is the first time across Bucko's 7 years at the club where he's both not a first team starter and has a year left on his contract... He'll be needing a final big pay packet on a 3 year deal and if we can't offer him that then I would imagine we'll see a number of clubs come in for him... A CB with 7 years championship experience, 130+ appearances including finishing 3rd and going to a playoff final...

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I would imagine we'll see a number of clubs come in for him... A CB with 7 years championship experience, 130+ appearances including finishing 3rd and going to a playoff final...

Bidding war then?

I think we could sell all of our match day squad and they'd all go to Champ level or above now. As would any established top 6 side.

Well tbf there aren't any more established than us now because they've all dropped off or gone up where we've spent almost all of the last 3 years in the top 6

Archived