Lee Grant

DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Sounds like he is our best defender. Now he is fully fit. Bidding war then? Maybe cheeky £4,000,000 bid from promoted Burnley? Or he is still integral part of our promotion push next season?    

Your logic is somewhat baffling.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Sounds like he is our best defender. Now he is fully fit. Bidding war then? Maybe cheeky £4,000,000 bid from promoted Burnley? Or he is still integral part of our promotion push next season?    

Where did I say that? 

If you don't rate him that's fine, personal opinion and all that, agree to disagree, but you're really scraping the barrel trying to speak on behalf of 23 managers, you can't claim no managers rate him and we'd be lucky to get a fiver because we didn't get rid whilst he was injured to clubs that took other players of ours that were fit or played in different positions. 

I can only assume Jake ate your hamster which you are still very upset about and that's ok, I would feel the same way.

14 minutes ago, David said:

Where did I say that? 

If you don't rate him that's fine, personal opinion and all that, agree to disagree, but you're really scraping the barrel trying to speak on behalf of 23 managers, you can't claim no managers rate him and we'd be lucky to get a fiver because we didn't get rid whilst he was injured to clubs that took other players of ours that were fit or played in different positions. 

I can only assume Jake ate your hamster which you are still very upset about and that's ok, I would feel the same way.

I never said he is a good or bad player. My point was that we won`t get any money for him. So, Daveo, don`t be an ostrich, just three questions:

1) Is he better player than Keogh and Shackell and should be our first choice CB next season?

2) Do you believe we will get any transfer money for him if he is going to leave?

3) Which Championship club he is good enough to play for? I mean starting 11. Apart from Derby County. 

1 minute ago, Sammy1946 said:

I never said he is a good or bad player. My point was that we won`t get any money for him. So, Daveo, don`t be an ostrich, just three questions:

1) Is he better player than Keogh and Shackell and should be our first choice CB next season?

2) Do you believe we will get any transfer money for him if he is going to leave?

3) Which Championship club he can play for? I mean starting 11. Apart from Derby County. 

Long time lurker I see as my username is David :)

1) Not sure of the relevance of this question, do I think he's better no, do I think on his day he is on par with either, yes I do and with the aim of promotion next season would I be disappointed to see him in our starting line up? not at all. He is a proven defender at this level. 

2) As he has another year on his contract yes, a lot more than £5. I wouldn't sell him. Football is a squad game.  

3) Jake Buxton could walk into any club in this league and do a job at the back alongside the right partner. Would the likes of Newcastle and Villa go for him, of course not, although Villa would have been a lot better off with Buxton instead of Lescott last season. Keogh and Buxton were the partnership of our highest league finish since we were promoted in 06/07, this was also with "flappy" Grant behind them that very few rate as he had a few stinkers, I don't see how anyone could say he isn't capable of not just performing in this league but being part of a top 6 club.

The only question mark over Jake now is injuries.

Can I ask you 2 questions?

1) How is it you can speak on behalf of 23 Championship managers saying not one rate Jake Buxton because we failed to send him out on loan whilst injured and using players that were fit or played in different positions to prove your point?

2) How do you know that the club even wanted to get rid of Jake last season?

Huge fan of Lord Buxton. Not sure why anyone would want to get rid.

I would play him in the starting 11 myself but even if you don't agree who would rather have as back up for Keogh or Shackell? Can't think of anyone in the current squad. 

4 hours ago, Sammy1946 said:

In your opinion maybe. Tell this to managers of Championship clubs who do not rate him at all. They might know something... I am sure he is absolutely affordable for any club at this level but  we still have more chances to get some money for Baird rather than Buxton. It looks like we should terminate his contract if we want to get rid him off because there are simply no interested clubs in him. Never was.

#Thickocracy

On 26.06.2016 at 16:17, David said:

1) How is it you can speak on behalf of 23 Championship managers saying not one rate Jake Buxton because we failed to send him out on loan whilst injured and using players that were fit or played in different positions to prove your point?

Can you ask Mel or Sam - have we ever had an approach/offer/bid for Jake? I know you can.

On 26.06.2016 at 16:17, David said:

2) How do you know that the club even wanted to get rid of Jake last season?

I never said that the club wanted to get rid of Buxton. I was talking about lack of interest from the other clubs. Surely it is not a fact. I will happily eat humble pie if at some point we've rejected an eye watering bid from Borussia Dortmund or mighty Brendford for Jake.  

3 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Can you ask Mel or Sam - have we ever had an approach/offer/bid for Jake? I know you can.

You're answering a question with a question.

3 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

I never said that the club wanted to get rid of Buxton. I was talking about lack of interest from the other clubs. Surely it is not a fact. I will happily eat humble pie if at some point we've rejected an eye watering bid from Borussia Dortmund or mighty Brendford for Jake.  

Why would there be interest, he was out injured until after both transfer windows were shut and regaining match fitness with the U21's when the loan window was open. 

Nobody has ever said he's worth 4m or Dortmund would bid, that's you just going nuts. All anyone has said he's a competent defender in the Championship, not the Premier League, not the Bundesliga. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

Why would there be interest, he was out injured until after both transfer windows were shut and regaining match fitness with the U21's when the loan window was open. 

True but i was not talking about last season only. Buxton is the longest serving player at the club but i can hardly remember any interest in him. Surely in the summer of 2014 he could be a man in demand but it is Keogh who was a transfer target for Burnley.

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

True but i was not talking about last season only. Buxton is the longest serving player at the club but i can hardly remember any interest in him. Surely in the summer of 2014 he could be a man in demand but it is Keogh who was a transfer target for Burnley.

He was on the verge of going out on loan until Barker got injured.

Just now, Sammy1946 said:

True but i was not talking about last season only. Buxton is the longest serving player at the club and i can hardly remember any interest in him. Surely in the summer of 2014 he could be a man in demand but it is Keogh who was a transfer target for Burnley.

I really don't understand your logic. Because no club showed any interest no manager rates him? Players can be simply not available, agents may have tested the water and been told no, nothing more comes of it. 

Last summer Birmingham were reported to be interested in him, but I feel like you will rubbish this but did his injury cost him the move?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-transfer-rumour-mill-9638389

He's been part of our first team right up until 14/15 when he picked up a hip injury followed by a back injury which kept him out into last season.

Using your logic now, how many bids have we had for Hendrick, Forsyth, Christie, Hughes, Russell, even our 20 goal a season striker Martin?

23 minutes ago, David said:

This article almost says that we wanted to get rid of Buxton ("The 30-year-old could be made available by the Rams should they recapture Jason Shackell from Burnley") so must be a bull is it not? 

24 minutes ago, David said:

Players can be simply not available, agents may have tested the water and been told no, nothing more comes of it. 

I think this is pretty much the case for players like Hughes, Russell, Hendrick, Martin e.t.c rather than Buxton to be honest.   

23 minutes ago, David said:

Archived