Lee Grant

DCFC1388

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17 June 2016 at 19:53, Rampage said:

Grant leaving works well until Carson gets injured!

Jonathan Mitchell is ready for first team exposure. Played very well on loan at Luton and we only recalled him because Grant got injured. Mitchell'also played well against Hartlepool in the FA Cup. Pascal Zuberbuhler apparently rates Mitchell very highly.

There's no point bringing young goalkeepers through if you're not going to put your faith in one of them when the opportunity arises.

Obviously hope Scott Carson stays injury free but, if not, I'd be happy for Mitchell to step in. He's a dominant keeper for U21s.

1 hour ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Grant wants the games but also wants the money, can only see a mutual deal here and depends if we desperate to get him off the wage bill

bit like the Bucko situation with Wigan 

Very true. Can't see us getting a fiver for Buxton. He just does not worth it. If i remember right Jake is the only our player who was never ever linked with the move. For seven years! Apart from this another Nixon's bullshit in the Sun. By the way Wigan just signed Dan Burn so i think Buxton will stuck in our u21 team for another year. 

1 hour ago, Sammy1946 said:

Very true. Can't see us getting a fiver for Buxton. He just does not worth it. If i remember right Jake is the only our player who was never ever linked with the move. For seven years! Apart from this another Nixon's bullshit in the Sun. By the way Wigan just signed Dan Burn so i think Buxton will stuck in our u21 team for another year. 

Did you ever see Bucko play?

2 hours ago, Sammy1946 said:

Eh?

Because either I missed your sarcasm or again Buxton is being revised into a bumbling useless footballer who is /was a liability and it's not true. He is a very capable player at this level. 

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Because either I missed your sarcasm or again Buxton is being revised into a bumbling useless footballer who is /was a liability and it's not true. He is a very capable player at this level. 

In your opinion maybe. Tell this to managers of Championship clubs who do not rate him at all. They might know something... I am sure he is absolutely affordable for any club at this level but  we still have more chances to get some money for Baird rather than Buxton. It looks like we should terminate his contract if we want to get rid him off because there are simply no interested clubs in him. Never was.

5 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Tell this to managers of Championship clubs who do not rate him at all

Just curious, have you got links to sources with all these managers claiming they don't rate Buxton or is this through personal conversations you have had with them all?

12 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

In your opinion maybe. Tell this to managers of Championship clubs who do not rate him at all. They might know something... I am sure he is absolutely affordable for any club at this level but  we still have more chances to get some money for Baird rather than Buxton. It looks like we should terminate his contract if we want to get rid him off because there are simply no interested clubs in him. Never was.

I'd use my judgement after watching him play than rely on whether or not a story appeared in the papers.

4 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Unfortunately i can't get to U21 games. 

He has played for the senior team. Remember that period when Stchteve got the team flying? Maybe you didn't realise but that was Buxton playing at the back.

52 minutes ago, David said:

Just curious, have you got links to sources with all these managers claiming they don't rate Buxton or is this through personal conversations you have had with them all?

They must rate him very highly if they are happy to take Shotton and Pearce from us instead of Buxton. Or maybe Jake rejected opportunity to play first team football at Rotherham in favour of young Farrend? Good on him but it sounds like we have a happy bench warmer. The atitude i would not want from Derby County player. P.S. I heard Jake Buxton is a better player than Keogh and Shackell so he must be good for any top six side right? I am expecting bidding war for him this summer.    

13 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

They must rate him very highly if they are happy to take Shotton and Pearce from us instead of Buxton. Or maybe Jake rejected opportunity to play first team football at Rotherham in favour of young Farrend? Good on him but it sounds like we have a happy bench warmer. The atitude i would not want from Derby County player. P.S. I heard Jake Buxton is a better player than Keogh and Shackell so he must be good for any top six side right? I am expecting bidding war for him this summer.    

Just a guess then. You do realise that Buxton only returned from injury at the end January where as Shotton, Pearce were fully fit ready to go and Rawson went out on loan in July...not just that Shotton was playing right back for Birmingham.

Not sure how we made it to Wembley and the closest we've been to getting promoted with Buxton at the heart of our defence. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Just a guess then. You do realise that Buxton only returned from injury at the end January where as Shotton and Pearce were fully fit and ready to go...not just that Shotton was playing right back for Birmingham.

Not sure how we made it to Wembley and the closest we've been to getting promoted with Buxton at the heart of our defence. 

Sounds like he is our best defender. Now he is fully fit. Bidding war then? Maybe cheeky £4,000,000 bid from promoted Burnley? Or he is still integral part of our promotion push next season?    

2 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Sounds like he is our best defender. Now he is fully fit. Bidding war then? Maybe cheeky £4,000,000 bid from promoted Burnley? Or he is still integral part of our promotion push next season?    

Of course there's nothing in the middle of £4m and less than a fiver. Best defender or worthless.

Archived