The importance of Women's/Ladies' football in Derbyshire.

Rampage

Women's/Ladies' Football teams are rapidly increasing in profile on a world scale. I was looking at the Women's/Ladies' top two divisions in England and there is an interesting mix of Cities and Regions represented. I think that the profile of the Women's/Ladies' team from an area both complements and enhances the Men's team and vice versa. I do not know if in some cases, Football League teams can or do work in 'partnership' with the equivalent Women's Ladies' teams from the same city/region, whilst retaining their independence but perhaps Derby County with its facilities, finances and profile could help Derbyshire Women's Ladies' football development in some ways that at present haven't been explored and developed and vice versa. I do not really know much about this but I thought that it may be interesting for fans to perhaps exchange views on this thread. Generally speaking, anything that increases footballing cooperation and mutual development should be beneficial to the whole of Derby and Derbyshire football. I have been well impressed by some of the brilliant passing and goals scored in Women's/Ladies games.The England Women's/Ladies' team play amazing football. I expect the Women/Ladies national team to win the European and/or World Championships before the Men do.Football is the greatest sporting game in the world for Men and Women. How do you think that Women's/Ladies football can be developed in Derbyshire and beyond?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't get interested either. Annoys the hell out of me when they put womens football stories on the bbc sport website without identifying them, so you click to a story and....it's women football. Drab.

Good luck to them, but whatever the standard I don't care any more than I do about the Indonesian league or the Derby Taverers.

I support Derby County, the rest of football is just the backdrop.

I think it's positive.

The better and more professional the woman's game is run the better the sport will be as whole for it.

The physicality will never be the same, but there is no reason the skill level and team performance won't reach very good levels.

Some people will dislike it as it's not something they see as "theirs" a lot of people just won't care very much. Neither of those are particularly compelling reasons to not try to get the women's game to a higher standard.

Women's football can be developed by the people who claim to be interested in it paying to go and watch it. Market economics is nice and simple in that respect. If all the daft timewasters who spend their lives on sausageter mouthing off about equality got themselves down to the games it would be as big as the men's game in no time.

On 6/15/2016 at 11:50, one_chop said:

I'm sorry but I can't take bird's football seriously. I dont know why the BBC promote it so enthusiastically.  Political correctness is my guess.

You are Reg Varney and I claim my half a crown. 

Don't mind women's football. Less time wasting, handbags, injury feigning. 

The pitches and goals are too big.

But there's some huge differences in ability between women playing at the same level. It's like it's full of players still needing to find their level. 

It's amazing how some players or even entire teams end up on the same pitch as their opponents. The league and qualifying and transfer system should eventually make it much less farcical at times.

Archived