Dudley on loan at Hinckley

David

Blue Square North club Hinckley United have signed highly-rated defender Mark Dudley on loan from Coca-Cola Championship side Derby County.

The 6'2'' left-back can also play central defence and he will be available for the Knitters` home game against Alfreton Town on Saturday. Ironically, Dudley is just back from a similar spell with Saturday`s opponents!

He made his senior Rams debut as a substitute in the last match of last season at Watford.

Doncaster-born Mark joined Derby's Academy in the summer of 2006 after Notts County's youth set-up disbanded.

He captained the Rams' under-18 side on numerous occasions and played regularly for the Reserves before moving into the pro ranks in the summer of 2008.

Dudley also had a loan spell with Tamworth last season, playing in the last eight games of their successful Blue Square North title bid.

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?newsmode=FULL&nid=62291

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blue Square North club Hinckley United have signed highly-rated defender Mark Dudley on loan from Coca-Cola Championship side Derby County.

The 6'2'' left-back can also play central defence and he will be available for the Knitters` home game against Alfreton Town on Saturday. Ironically, Dudley is just back from a similar spell with Saturday`s opponents!

He made his senior Rams debut as a substitute in the last match of last season at Watford.

Doncaster-born Mark joined Derby's Academy in the summer of 2006 after Notts County's youth set-up disbanded.

He captained the Rams' under-18 side on numerous occasions and played regularly for the Reserves before moving into the pro ranks in the summer of 2008.

Dudley also had a loan spell with Tamworth last season, playing in the last eight games of their successful Blue Square North title bid.

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?newsmode=FULL&nid=62291

Whatever will we do without him.

How many Man United youth players have broken through in recent years to the first team? You can't expect quality youth team players to just roll out the academy each year and make the step up. I'm not sure what the percentage is although I can remember reading a large percentage of academy players don't make it or end up in non-league football.

Miles Addison

highly rated young defender, played for England U21's.

Lewin Nyatanga

Welsh international, playing for promotion chasing club.

Giles Barnes

In his prime there was talk of £5-7m bids from top Premiership Clubs.

Tom Huddlestone

Made his England debut on Saturday, plays for a top 10 Premiership club.

Lee Camp

Plays for the Red Dogs and doing rather well it would seem.

Lee Grant

Linked to Man City and Spurs recently, tipped to play for England.

I'm sure there will be others such as Nathan Doyle who havent exactly made a name for themselves since leaving Derby.

How many Man United youth players have broken through in recent years to the first team? You can't expect quality youth team players to just roll out the academy each year and make the step up. I'm not sure what the percentage is although I can remember reading a large percentage of academy players don't make it or end up in non-league football.

Miles Addison

highly rated young defender, played for England U21's.

Lewin Nyatanga

Welsh international, playing for promotion chasing club.

Giles Barnes

In his prime there was talk of £5-7m bids from top Premiership Clubs.

Tom Huddlestone

Made his England debut on Saturday, plays for a top 10 Premiership club.

Lee Camp

Plays for the Red Dogs and doing rather well it would seem.

Lee Grant

Linked to Man City and Spurs recently, tipped to play for England.

I'm sure there will be others such as Nathan Doyle who havent exactly made a name for themselves since leaving Derby.

Apart from them though!

Hinckley Town, not Hinkley as David would have you think, are part time are they not?

There fore he will still be training with us, and playing for them on match days.

It'll be hard for him to shine as he will not have had much time to get to know his team mates or style of playing.

In a word, what's the point of non league loans? they won't be paying us for his services will they? He'll probably be a marked man as a league player with Derby aswell.

The result? another injury, and alot of travelling for the lad.

Apart from that, It's all good.

Maybe its time to lower your expectations then. Think back to when you were at school, I know it was a long time ago but how many kids in your class walked away with A's? Compared to the ones that failed or just scraped a pass?. Football academys are no different, they are not goldmines pumping quality players out each year.

Academy Players Derby Debut's

Greg Mills - 2009

Miles Addison - 2007

Lewin Nyatanga - 2005

Giles Barnes 2005 -

Tom Huddlestone - 2003

Lee Camp - 2003

Nathan Doyle - 2003

Lee Grant - 2002

These are players that came off the top of my head without too much thinking, obviously Doyle hasn't exactly pulled up any trees since leaving Derby and Greg Mills may never make it, only getting his chance due to injuries. Beardsley? be interesting to see where Mr Know-it-all ends up. I was about to click submit reply then when I remembered O'Brien. I'd like to know how many Championship clubs have managed to produce players of this standard.

• 4 weeks later...

Defender Mark Dudley has extended his loan period at Hinckley United by a further month.

The 19-year-old has impressed during his initial month-long stay at Hinckley, who occupy 5th spot in the Blue Square North.

His temporary stay with Dean Thomas' side will conclude on 10 January 2010.

Mark spent a month with fellow Blue Square North outfit Alfreton Town earlier in the season.

He had a loan spell with Tamworth last season before making his Derby debut at the end of last season at Watford.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1902070,00.html

Archived