My top three highlights during Derby County matches

Rampage

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Are we one and the same @Rampage?

Have we been seen in the same room....:lol:

You can be my avatar for one day only  HantsRam as the demand is high. You can do Tuesday 7th April 2027, notwithstanding cancellations for which you should regard yourself on standby,That's the best that I can offer mate. :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/06/2016 at 13:48, rynny said:

As special as Wanchope's goal was, Sturridge's goal is my favourite that day. Not sure if it is for the comedic value or because it was at the end we were sat. At the time Wanchope's just didn't sink in where he picked up the ball and how far he had gone and how many players he went past.

The annoying thing is that Wanchopes was not even goal of the month on match of the day. Some flick and turn by Zola won it...doh!

On 6/11/2016 at 21:54, G STAR RAM said:

I actually found a pic of our team with Bobby Robson just the other day! Would never have remembered that it was same day as Everton match though.

My brother met Bobby Robson (Chesapeake) at the Lucky 7.  Reading this thread reminded me.  But he reckons the Derby - Everton link was different and that Everton brought a kids side down and he (not sure if it was Chesapeake or a select side) played them before going to the game.  After the Everton game he ended up getting his photo taken and it later appeared in the Derby County Exhibition at the time.

BBG v Leeds 1996. Not sure if this has been mentioned for memorable match, top goal and bizarre incident?  1st game in the Prem. TBE in his pomp.

2-0 down after 75 mins. 

2-2 after 75 mins.

3-3 after 88 mins.

This footage is great every time I see it. The legendary Graham Richards with 2 goals in essentially 10 seconds of play. Both of which are stunners but for different reasons.

Those players, that ground, the sound and roar for the goals and those fans. Used to see that guy with the Croatia top at lots of away games for many years.

That game set the tone for a few great years.

1. 2-0 defeat of Benfica in the 1972-73 European Cup at the Baseball Ground

2. Any game Charlie George played in the 1975-76 season

3 An evening kick off league cup game against Crystal Palace on a misty night in 1969. As we kicked off at 19:30 then there was a matter of minutes to go when Ley's Foundry's 21:00 shift stoked their furnaces. The smoke couldn't rise because of the mist/fog and tumbled over the Ley Stand on to the pitch. It became like a London smog of the 1950's and with about 5 minutes to go and the Ram's winning, the game had to be abandoned.

31 minutes ago, Richard Dastard Lee said:

1. 2-0 defeat of Benfica in the 1972-73 European Cup at the Baseball Ground

2. Any game Charlie George played in the 1975-76 season

3 An evening kick off league cup game against Crystal Palace on a misty night in 1969. As we kicked off at 19:30 then there was a matter of minutes to go when Ley's Foundry's 21:00 shift stoked their furnaces. The smoke couldn't rise because of the mist/fog and tumbled over the Ley Stand on to the pitch. It became like a London smog of the 1950's and with about 5 minutes to go and the Ram's winning, the game had to be abandoned.

Did you go for a pee and miss a goal? It was 3 - 0

Mark Wright sprinting from one side of the Baseball Ground pitch to the other to chin a Norwich player who was roughing up Ted Mcminn , the ref crashing into Seth at the Leeds game at the Ipro and Eranios final appearence in a Rams shirt , the emotional scenes when he was substituted , what a player

• 4 weeks later...
On 10 June 2016 at 22:26, TexasRam said:

Was meeting Sir Bobby at an awards ceremony in Chad (how bizarre is that statement) if so I didn't realise it was the same day as that Everton game and that goal!!! 

If not just ignore me, to much Red wine :D

Found the pic of that day! 

image.jpeg

1) Goal - Dean Saunders turning Tony Adams inside out at Highbury and popping a beauty past Seaman

2) Best performance - Doing Real Madrid over 4-1 with Charlie George's hat trick

3) Bizarre thingy - that surely has to be the eventually abandoned game at Newport County where we were belting out "Singing in the Rain" behind Mark Wallington's goal and he started doing the dance, then commenced doing the front crawl in the ever-growing lake at the top of the 18 yard box

Archived