Craig Forsyth

BuckoBeast

I think that the banning of emergency loans and recall clauses on standard loans will see clubs routinely running bigger squads this season.

Max Lowe might be good enough and might have put his injuries behind him, in which case he'd make decent cover for Olsson. However, it's a big gamble. If we sold Fozzy and Olsson suffered a serious injury as soon as the window closes and then find out that Lowe (who has never yet played a first team game) isn't good/fit enough, we could easily lose enough points to miss out on promotion. For that reason I doubt that we'd sell Forsyth unless the offer was for a silly fee, and no one is going to pay £5m for Fozzy. 

If Lowe has a good autumn and gets a few minutes on the pitch for the first team, then things might be different in January.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I think that the banning of emergency loans and recall clauses on standard loans will see clubs routinely running bigger squads this season.

Max Lowe might be good enough and might have put his injuries behind him, in which case he'd make decent cover for Olsson. However, it's a big gamble. If we sold Fozzy and Olsson suffered a serious injury as soon as the window closes and then find out that Lowe (who has never yet played a first team game) isn't good/fit enough, we could easily lose enough points to miss out on promotion. For that reason I doubt that we'd sell Forsyth unless the offer was for a silly fee, and no one is going to pay £5m for Fozzy. 

If Lowe has a good autumn and gets a few minutes on the pitch for the first team, then things might be different in January.

The emergency loan system disappearing will have a big impact this season I believe and for once probably an advantage to DCFC 

How is it that every Derby Player that has long term injury suddenly turns into a world beater during their injury period.

See it so often on here.

Forsyth is a good championship Left Back but to read on here some of the comments during his injury period he has suddenly turned into Marcelo!!

Lets not get carried away folks, a good championship player but no world beater and not sure he would ever cut it in the Premiership if we went up.

Decent offer 1.5 million or above I would snap their hands off personally.

3 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

How is it that every Derby Player that has long term injury suddenly turns into a world beater during their injury period.

See it so often on here.

Forsyth is a good championship Left Back but to read on here some of the comments during his injury period he has suddenly turned into Marcelo!!

Lets not get carried away folks, a good championship player but no world beater and not sure he would ever cut it in the Premiership if we went up.

Decent offer 1.5 million or above I would snap their hands off personally.

Eh? The recent 'long term' injuries have concerned Hughes, Thorne (twice) and Fozzy.  All three are top players at championship level. Nobody has suggested Fozzy is a 'worldbeater' just that there won't be many better left backs in the Championship when he returns. Why would we sell him for £1.5m when he's worth at least that much to us?

Not really sure what your gripe is tbh.  

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Eh? The recent 'long term' injuries have concerned Hughes, Thorne (twice) and Fozzy.  All three are top players at championship level. Nobody has suggested Fozzy is a 'worldbeater' just that there won't be many better left backs in the Championship when he returns. Why would we sell him for £1.5m when he's worth at least that much to us?

Not really sure what your gripe is tbh.  

Never said I had a gripe - Just stating an opinion that I don't agree Forsyth is as good as people are suggesting and some how he he seems to have improved in the eyes of many Derby fans since his injury! 

Average to Good championship player at best and most Derby fans IMO would have agreed before his injury :)

From rumours, that's all rumours around a new experienced possibly backup left back could already be lined up when his contract runs out at the end of the month ,so we wait n see ,but if the price is right you have to sell.We signed Olson in January and has a long contract ,one will have be left out , we know the remit from the chairman and academy products are the future.Lowe maybe 1-2 years away from being a starter but he will play at left back in the near future.

3 hours ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Never said I had a gripe - Just stating an opinion that I don't agree Forsyth is as good as people are suggesting and some how he he seems to have improved in the eyes of many Derby fans since his injury! 

Average to Good championship player at best and most Derby fans IMO would have agreed before his injury :)

Nah. I don't think so.

Personally I was banging Forsyth's drum long before he got injured.

His casual passing at times makes me cry. 

But when you can't be beaten for strength, pace or in the air, when you're positioning is as good as any fullback we've had in a good few years and you look to hit Chris Martin early and into feet then that makes up for the donkey passing moments. 

He's a beast of a defender. Said that before his injury. All his weakness seem to be going the other way. But they're good enough for what we want. 

And those low crosses. Deliciously evil. 

I thought Forsyth was great before his injury but obviously always posters that know better than everyone else. Never gets beat, stops balls coming in, good in the air and puts in great crosses. His pace is deceptively good as well. But you know Whoscored always rated him as the best in the league but what do they know eh? Let's take 1.5m and get Warnock back.

Lets not panic eh? Do we think Pearson is a mug? I certainly don't. He won't sell Forsyth unless he thinks he either has, or can get someone better. I agree with most posters as it happens and would pick Forsyth over Olsen any day and I'm sure Pearson will do this same

Id want more than £1.5m a long way more. Simply because who could we get who is better for that?

Fozzy is a top left back in this division. If he didn't have his faults he'd not be in this division. He's not irreplaceable, but to sell it'd need to be a deal where we got the better out of it.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Id want more than £1.5m a long way more. Simply because who could we get who is better for that?

Fozzy is a top left back in this division. If he didn't have his faults he'd not be in this division. He's not irreplaceable, but to sell it'd need to be a deal where we got the better out of it.

Although I agree with your sentiment. However you have said he has his faults and to sell him for 3 or 4 million so we can replace him for a better player. I would expect any team with that much to spend would go for the player we were looking to replace him with in the first place.

14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Although I agree with your sentiment. However you have said he has his faults and to sell him for 3 or 4 million so we can replace him for a better player. I would expect any team with that much to spend would go for the player we were looking to replace him with in the first place.

Which is exactly the conundrum and why selling him would have to be a deal where we knew the buyer had over paid. It's not about not selling him because he's amazing it's about getting the better of a deal and I'm not convinced we would.

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Which is exactly the conundrum and why selling him would have to be a deal where we knew the buyer had over paid. It's not about not selling him because he's amazing it's about getting the better of a deal and I'm not convinced we would.

Totally agree

We are in the strange position of having to very good LB's. I rate both Fozzy and Olsson, they different attributes and Pearson is going to have a long think about who is number 1. 

I think Fozzy just about edges it for me, but he has to prove his fitness and sharpness on his return. And of course we can't forget that Olsson has elevated status because of "that" goal. 

Pearson changed the formation up at Leicester a fair bit, ran a 3-5-2 at one point I think.

If he wants to do that here, Fozzy would be absolutely perfect as a "left wing-back". He started his career at left-mid. He could probably even do a job as one of the centre backs if we wanted.

I wouldn't sell him. He's better than Olsson imo. Excited about Max Lowe but there's ways to give him playing time other than promoting him to second-choice. Cup competitions, loans and inevitably there will be injuries.

Archived