Craig Forsyth

BuckoBeast

18 minutes ago, ramit said:

Forsyth is a solid defender, but needs too much time on the ball before passing in a high tempo game.  Olson is better in my opinion, his crosses are also excellent.  For the right price, i would say sell, there is no lack of good left backs in European divisions, quality right backs however are few and far between.

You mean the high tempo game we played under McClaren where Fozzy was one of our best players, firing in quality crosses week in week out whilst still being solid defensively?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PodgeyRam said:

You mean the high tempo game we played under McClaren where Fozzy was one of our best players, firing in quality crosses week in week out whilst still being solid defensively?

No-one was solid defensively under McClaren. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

I think given what was being asked of him Forsyth was. Only times he really got beaten were by Adomah who seems to have some sort of jinx over him and other players losing the ball in midfield whilst he was supporting the attack. Never really got beaten in a 1 on 1 situation. Great at standing up to his man and forcing him out wide.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

I think given what was being asked of him Forsyth was. Only times he really got beaten were by Adomah who seems to have some sort of jinx over him and other players losing the ball in midfield whilst he was supporting the attack. Never really got beaten in a 1 on 1 situation. Great at standing up to his man and forcing him out wide.

Adomah didn't really cause any great concern for me. Only player really to make Forsyth sweat was Matt Phillips in the away game a couple of seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Adomah didn't really cause any great concern for me. Only player really to make Forsyth sweat was Matt Phillips in the away game a couple of seasons ago.

To be honest I don't remember Phillip's ever causing him concern, even in the playoff final. I didn't go to the QPR away game though so you may be right.

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

To be honest I don't remember Phillip's ever causing him concern, even in the playoff final. I didn't go to the QPR away game though so you may be right.

He didn't in the play off final, just the away game. Looked like Fozzy was done for after that game but hit back with his best performances after that game.

16 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Just calling it as i see it.  Way too often when pressured he would concede possession with poor passing.  We don't agree, that's fine.

Craig Forsyth was exactly what we missed last year. 

His link up in the final third was awesome, his height at the back made it difficult when attacking set pieces. 

I always thought if they hit us on the break down our left they wouldn't get a cross in when Fozzy was on the pitch.. 

Just look at the Hull game we were terrorized down the left with Olson caught out of position. I will go as far to say that Fozzy would of kept up with the pace all game. 

If Fozzy stays my money will be on him winning POTY this year. 

48 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

*Sigh* 

In McClaren's first season we conceded 35 goals in 36 league games. Extrapolated by ten games that would have seen us concede 44/45 goals. We conceded 43 this season.

The year after we broke a consecutive clean sheet record. Up until Eustace's injury we had the second best defensive record in the league and were on for conceding just 42 goals. Up until Mascarell's injury we still had the third best defensive record in the league.

Up until the injuries broke the team our defensive record under McClaren was exceptional.

Wow, that would be disappointing if either Forsyth or Olson left, both for me are very decent and internationals! With Forsyth being the most useful due to his ability to head plenty away which Olson struggles with

no surprise other teams want him as he has worked himselve into a very good left back/ wing back

9 minutes ago, cannable said:

*Sigh* 

In McClaren's first season we conceded 35 goals in 36 league games. Extrapolated by ten games that would have seen us concede 44/45 goals. We conceded 43 this season.

The year after we broke a consecutive clean sheet record. Up until Eustace's injury we had the second best defensive record in the league and were on for conceding just 42 goals. Up until Mascarell's injury we still had the third best defensive record in the league.

Up until the injuries broke the team our defensive record under McClaren was exceptional.

I was appropriating the standard response we've come to expect from the forum, whereas people don't input anything to the conversation they just take jabs at systems/players they don't like.

I think Forsyth is a fabulous left back and I'd be sad to see him go. Although I think Lowe will be better in a short time.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was appropriating the standard response we've come to expect from the forum, whereas people don't input anything to the conversation they just take jabs at systems/players they don't like.

I think Forsyth is a fabulous left back and I'd be sad to see him go. Although I think Lowe will be better in a short time.

Oh…

:lol:

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

"lost his place to Ollson"??? WTF?

Who writes this shitt? 

Makes me laugh when I seen that bit. It was Warnock that lost his place to Olsson. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Correct only Matty Phillips ripped Fozzy apart that it. 

I think both would be great against differing opposition. If we play an attacking team then fozzy would be the better option. If we are to be the attacking team then Olson becomes best. Fozzy is a much better out and out defender. I think if we can keep both financially for differing situations then that would be ideal

Archived