Albentosa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When he was playing for us everybody else had given up defending which left him looking useless with the others, if he wants a second chance he should be given one as he may turn out to be very good, alternatively if he wants a transfer the buying club can pay what we want for him!

33 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Raul's problem was that he wasn't any better than Jake. For some reason people expected a classier player from la Liga than from Burton.

He didn't turn up to training with an Asda bag so must be classier!

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

We should have played him at rcb, which is his best centre back position, rather than lcb. Don't underestimate how important it is playing a centre back in their preferred position. John Terry's best position was at lcb but when played at rcb he was poor.

That's the centre of defence fixed then. Albentosa at rcb and Terry at lcb. Zero goals conceded this year (thank God Wassall is no longer manager, he'd play them the other way around) :ph34r:

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

A nice expectation, but Hughes, Ince and Russell are all ridiculously one footed, The only players I can think of with genuine ability to use both feet really effectively are Buxton and Martin.

But all can use their other foot quite comfortably without looking like they are learning to kick a ball for the first time...

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But all can use their other foot quite comfortably without looking like they are learning to kick a ball for the first time...

So can Albentosa

56 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So can Albentosa

Not the times I have seen him play.

Looked like a five year old who has no control over where he was kicking it with his left foot (that was in the occasions where he didn't run round the ball to get and get it on his right foot).

On June 1, 2016 at 03:00, WystonRam said:

Apart from the facts he could not run , head the ball or pass he was not more out of his depth than anyone else. One of the worst centre halves I have seen in a derby shirt, worse then Bragstadt even.

This is a poor assessment. He came in and when given his first game he marshaled the 3 man defense well commanded the air and made good passes. He's a serious set piece threat unlike our current two centre halves who were utterly useless on our corner kicks. 

mclaren then left Raul out completely and when he returned we'd resorted to hoof tactics - something not suited to albentosa - and with little confidence he ended up looking poor, in the system.

I would love to see him given another chance to crack the starting team. He can't keep impressing in la liga and be rubbish 

I love the ridiculous twisted logic on display. Apparently it was everyone else's fault that Albentosa looked completely lost in the games he played in the championship. So confused was he by McClaren's tactics that he allowed opposition attackers to breeze past him without making a challenge. How is he supposed to pass to his teammates when they don't speak the same language? If only there were some way to distinguish our own players from the opposition that didn't involve speaking. Oh, but he bossed it against Chesterfield though. The toughest test in English football. This whole thread is a waste of time anyway. He wants to stay in Spain since he managed to get homesick about a month after his transfer, presumably because English supermarkets don't have a wide enough selection of cured meats.

Raul was thrown into the first team by Mcclaren, there was no need to start him against Chesterfield - just a week after signing. He could barely speak a word of English and needed time to settle in the country. Signing mid season isn't easy for any player, let alone when it's from another country.

Mahrez when he joined Leicester; "Nigel was very good with me. “He  knew I didn’t speak much English when I arrived, so he spoke more slowly to me and he tried to teach me good things as well. It was difficult in the beginning but now it’s OK.".

I really wouldn't be surprised to see Albentosa back here next season or given a run of games during pre season. 

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Albentosa couldn't adapt to England full stop and his wife didn't like it over here, he won't be pulling on a Derby shirt again. 

Of course he couldn't adapt when there was no effort to help him, the club seem to show a reluctance to sign and play foreign players and the ones they do sign tend to always struggle. With the right manager and set up any player would be able to adapt

5 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Of course he couldn't adapt when there was no effort to help him, the club seem to show a reluctance to sign and play foreign players and the ones they do sign tend to always struggle. With the right manager and set up any player would be able to adapt

The club didn't even bring in an interpreter to help him, and he (and Mascarell) had to pay for their own English lessons.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

The club didn't even bring in an interpreter to help him, and he (and Mascarell) had to pay for their own English lessons.

Exactly, if the club let pearson do things his way then hopefully the foreign speaking players will be much more welcomed. It wouldn't surprise me if pearson has already been in touch with albentosa to see what the situation is and whether it can be salvaged. 

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Were they under the impression that we spoke Spanish over here when they agreed to move? Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer it if the club did organise English lessons for overseas players, but I really don't think that someone on upwards of £10k/week paying for their own language classes is the dreadful imposition it's being made out to be.

Archived