James & De Laet - Signed for Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Big fan of De Laet - I remember a few seasons back him flying past Jamie Ward  - Ward's no snail.

Can't see either De Laet or Christie playing second fiddle

I read somewhere a few Prem clubs were looking at Christie, It wouldn't surprise me if a few of our first team players are moved on to accommodate a few Pearson signings. 

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

I like the idea of 4-4-1-1 but not sure about 4-4-2

Will wont be able to do as well in a 2 man midfield with less freedom

If you like 4-4-1-1 I'm pretty sure you could handle 4-4-2 too. :huh:

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Big fan of De Laet - I remember a few seasons back him flying past Jamie Ward  - Ward's no snail.

Can't see either De Laet or Christie playing second fiddle

That's a fair point but Forsyth and Olsson will be competing for the left back position next season so wouldn't you say it's best to have competition for Christie otherwise he may get complacement? Christie was my most improved player last season but let's not forget that he is still only 23 so he is still learning the game and there were times last season where he struggled just like his first season. I'd rather us get a proper right back to provide competition for Christie rather than putting Hanson at right back when/if Christie goes through his lack of confidence spell like he usually does.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

We need a CDM to cover for and maybe challenge George Thorne. Hendrick has had some fine moments scored some quality goals but the Hull game apart hes never really filled the CDM role with any success.

With Fozzy coming back i doubt we need de Laet but Matty JAmes maybe a possibility if he's still rated by Pearson. How much would he cost?

De Laet plays at right back & we have no cover for Christie so makes sense to sign him

Matty James playing for Leicester City in 2015

Personal information

Full name Matthew Lee James[1]

Date of birth 22 July 1991 (age 24)

Place of birth Bacup, England

Height 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)[2]

Playing position Midfielder

Club information

Current team

Leicester City

Number 8

Youth career

2007–2010Manchester United

Senior career*

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

2009–2012 Manchester United 0 (0)

2010→ Preston North End (loan)18(2)

2010–2011→ Preston North End (loan)10(0)

2012–Leicester City 86(4)

National team

2007 England U16 5(0)

2007–2008 England U17 10(0)

2009–2010 England U19 13(0)

2009England U20 6 (0)

De Laet in 2010

Personal information

Full nameRitchie Ria Alfons De Laet[1]

Date of birth28 November 1988 (age 27)[1]

Place of birthAntwerp, Belgium

Height1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) [2]

Playing positionDefender

Club information

Current team

Middlesbrough
(on loan from Leicester City)

Number5

Youth career

1994–1998KSK Hoboken

1998–1999Mechelen

1999–2004KSK Hoboken

2004–2005KFCO Wilrijk

2005–2006Royal Antwerp

Senior career*

YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†

2006–2007Royal Antwerp4(0)

2007–2009Stoke City0(0)

2008→ Wrexham (loan)3(0)

2009–2012Manchester United3(0)

2010→ Sheffield United (loan)6(0)

2010→ Preston North End (loan)5(0)

2011→ Portsmouth (loan)22(0)

2011–2012→ Norwich City (loan)6(1)

2012–Leicester City115(4)

2016–→ Middlesbrough (loan)7(0

Done a bit of forum surfing to gauge opinion. Nothing particularly glowing on either.

De Laet is good going forward and very pacey, but is often out of position and needs to use his speed to recover. Was especially found out in the PL with no protection in front of him and up against better players. Fans are happy for him to go. Pearson loves his versatility.

James is pretty defensive and often goes unnoticed in games. That said people do seem to think he's quietly effective, solid and not a bad passer.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Rample said:

Done a bit of forum surfing to gauge opinion. Nothing particularly glowing on either.

De Laet is good going forward and very pacey, but is often out of position and needs to use his speed to recover. Was especially found out in the PL with no protection in front of him and up against better players. Fans are happy for him to go. Pearson loves his versatility.

James is pretty defensive and often goes unnoticed in games. That said people do seem to think he's quietly effective, solid and not a bad passer.

Like ive said I think i would be interested in james at the right price but with slight concerns about his injury record. De Laet not needed.

12 hours ago, JaguarRam said:

The guide to Sun paper talk. 

New manager comes in. Find players in old club that he signed and are no longer playing. 

Add 2 + 5 make 9 with no evidence what so ever and fill in space in your so called news paper 

The sun guide to football disasters: say fellow fans were peeing on and robbing corpses.

The sun guide to missing children: hack their voicemail to try and get the latest gossip.

The sun guide to looking after their relatively poor readership: vote tory, they'll look after you.

Still people buy it when they surely know this stuff.

8 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The sun guide to football disasters: say fellow fans were peeing on and robbing corpses.

The sun guide to missing children: hack their voicemail to try and get the latest gossip.

The sun guide to looking after their relatively poor readership: vote tory, they'll look after you.

Still people buy it when they surely know this stuff.

The type of people who buy the Sun are sometimes the type of people who torch paediatricians' houses.

Wow ! Derby fans get real ! De Laet is so fast he makes Vardy look slow ! Matty James is hotter than Kante ! Pearson knows what he is doing, make no mistake. Pearson is making plans for Derby to go up as of right,no play offs ! This season  ! Lots of exclamations I know, but you Derby fans should be dancing...you are soooo lucky !!!!!!!

Archived