Poll: Expectations

Mostyn6

Get your expectations in NOW.  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No guarantees of promotion at any time. So long as we look coherent and make a challenge for top 2, I won't cry if we finish 3rd or 4th and lose the poffs.

Where is the "Win all games next season, go up as champions, win premier league season after that then win champions league 3 times in a row" option? We need to win the champions league at least twice just so they have no more bragging rights down the road otherwise I will consider him a failure.

In reality I don't really mind if we don't get promoted next season - I think he needs time to do some work on the squad and whatnot, which will likely take more than a season. Either way it is at least going to be entertaining if nothing else.

If we're not 10 points clear after the first 3 games of the season I'll be calling for his head :p

Either that or I picked option 3 - I think the squad needs a bit of work and it might take a few transfer windows to move some players on and get other in. 

I expect us to be competitive against everyone, play some fast-paced, exciting football where performances like the first 45 in the play off second leg are the norm rather than the exception. Where that leaves us in the table - we'll wait and see. 

I'd like to see us turn into a side that does the basics right and makes themselves hard to beat, whilst bringing through some of the youth players and being capable of beating teams that try to grind us down.

If we see those changes I'm not bothered if we finish in the playoffs or not because we'll have set ourselves up for autos next season. A season of consolidation, imo, would be more preferable than playing exactly the same way with the same players, finishing 5th/6th and losing in the playoffs.

Archived