POLL: Should Roy take Rashford to the Euro's?

Day

Rashford  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd be daft to leave him here. What's the point of having a young player in form sat at home watching it all from the sofa? Let him do what he does best, get him out there. 

I just don't buy the inexperience arguments at all, we've got plenty of experienced players already. If he's good enough to start for Man U in the FA Cup final he's good enough to at least be on England's bench.

13 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Shown his inexperience tonight quite a few times

Showed a huge amount of nous for the second goal as well as scoring the first. Brilliant the way he left Stirling in the clear on the left.

I think we'll be taking four strikers, so for me, yes he has to go ahead of Sturridge. Sturridge has horrific injury problems and we can't have one of strikers being ruled out before the first game. It's likely we may start with Rooney, Kane and Vardy all on the pitch at the same time, if Sturridge got injured we'd have no striking options from the bench. I'd still have personally had taken Carroll over Rashford or Sturridge. Rashford is still young, his opportunity will come. Carroll is unplayable in the air, nobody would be able to get near him. Would allow us a completely different option, if we're trailing a side then Andy Carroll would be a much better option than Rashford to come on in my opinion.

Thought he was poor on Friday night.

Was lucky with the goal in my opinion as I think it was a Miskick. Twice he was through on goal in a one on one and both times a poor touch cost him. Cannot afford that in the euros.

Either way, Kane and Vardy are above him in the pecking order and hopefully both will start.

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Yes, and the reason is that we should be looking to be bring talent through at every opportunity.  He is young and raw, however get him in and around this environment will benefit the national team in the future.

It is not the job of the England national team to develop talent. That is what the U21s are for.

Archived