Hughes linked with Newcastle

RiddingsRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

"Wash your mouth out YorkshireRam" :DNo it's not, he's the engine room of the team without him we meander through games. 

£10,000,000 then maybe :whistle: they are the cash cows of the championship after all is said and done, well maybe for This season anywho. ;)

£5 million is a lot of money. That being said I do rate Bryson very highly, his workrate and constant pressure, by way of closing down, would be missed...

Every player has his price though

Try and take yourself away from being a Derby fan.

Newcastle or Derby?

Whilst yes we're in the same league, a move to Newcastle would be a step up, it would. 

Would we sell to Newcastle? I doubt we would, we want promotion, selling your best player to a rival would be nuts. 

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

£5 million is a lot of money. That being said I do rate Bryson very highly, his workrate and constant pressure, by way of closing down, would be missed...

Every player has his price though

I'd be bloody miffed if we sold Bryson for £1m cheaper than we signed Bradley Johnson!!!

Unless they're offering stupid money then I can't see this happening. Standing away from the fact newcastle are a **** club with a **** as an owner, they would certainly have the money and stature to make a move like this so it'd be win/win if that was the case. Realistically if we were to sell hughes it doesn't matter where to, more important the amount we get for him

At Hughes' age of 21. another twelve years at his ability level is worth mega money, even now.

How much will a very top player cost in 12 years time? £150 - £180 million? If you are laughing, what was the most expensive transfer 12 years ago? It may well have gone 'pop' by then.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Try and take yourself away from being a Derby fan.

Newcastle or Derby?

Whilst yes we're in the same league, a move to Newcastle would be a step up, it would. 

Would we sell to Newcastle? I doubt we would, we want promotion, selling your best player to a rival would be nuts. 

Newcastle are without a doubt a step up in terms of being a bigger club but now they're in the championship I can't see us selling him because it's a level playing field as we are both in the same league. Some may point to Hull selling us Tom Ince but that was a different situation altogether because Hull didn't want him whereas Hughes is our best player. Hughes wouldn't be even a guaranteed starter at Newcastle anyway with their midfield options 

If Newcastle signed Shelvey for £12m, few years older with Prem Experience, you can't expect much more, maybe £15m tops with possible England call up and promotion add ons. 

Easy to get carried away with valuations but he's also just had almost a full season out

If we start accepting offers for Hughes, there will be offers from the prem and europe, and that's where Hughes will go. He won't stay in this league, even if the club is a steup from Derby. It's just not a big enough one, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Sarcasm bro, can't believe you took it so seriously, my way of saying no chance of happening

I think if you use sarcasm on the internet it has to be done cleverly, or be ridiculously obvious. 

Yours was neither, but I'm not sure if I was influenced by the impression you've given me in the past that you frankly have no sense of humour.

4 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I think if you use sarcasm on the internet it has to be done cleverly, or be ridiculously obvious

Yours was neither, but I'm not sure if I was influenced by the impression you've given me in the past that you frankly have no sense of humour.

I'm sure it was :unsure: You couldn't have possibly thought that I was being serious

1 minute ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Don't take it personally, I'm in the midst of my university final exams and under a lot of pressure.

:console:

Well good luck with your finals, I've been in the same situation so I can understand, although I did my finals during the 2014 play offs, yeah...... not good for motivation :lol:

If it's true that Pearson is about to sign up as manager, then Hughes could only be sold with his blessing.

It doesn't make any sense selling our best player who is under contract until 2018 unless we have no more money to spend and Pearson would use the cash from a Hughes sale to rebuild.

Besides which, Will - if you're reading this, you'd look ridiculous in black and white stripes. White hair- white shirt. You know it makes sense. 

Archived