England International Friendlies

Shuff264

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Don't understand why Vardy and Kane are dropping wide to create a 4-3-3 when we don't have the ball. Should be closer together and give Rose and Walker (who has looked good to me) some defensive responsibility.

No doubt he will go and score but so far Rooney and pass completion are two words that don't go together, yet it seems Kane and Vardy wide so has he gets to be king pin in the middle.

I know I'm an old dinosaur, but in this situation I wish we could bring Andy Carroll on and lump it up to the big man.

Also, If you've got Vardy on the pitch you have to play over the top or through to him run on to. If you haven't got the space to do that you might as well sub him.

Drab at the mo.

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I wonder how many minutes went by,before Hodgson realised he had cocked up by leaving out Drinkwater. He is the midfielder who is good at moving the ball quickly to the 2 front runners.No-one else capable,I'm afraid.

Wilshere looked quite good when has come on and done that job.

2 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

I wonder how many minutes went by,before Hodgson realised he had cocked up by leaving out Drinkwater. He is the midfielder who is good at moving the ball quickly to the 2 front runners.No-one else capable,I'm afraid.

I think the clock will still be ticking on that one....

13 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Wilshere looked quite good when has come on and done that job.

No he didn't,it would have been too late anyway Vardy and Kane were already off. They didn't have a chance or a shot between them and they are our top goalscorers.At least after this is all over we should see the last of poor ancient 150 years old Hodgson.

If it was one of the better club sides people would be saying that proving you can win without playing well is the sign of a good team. Not brilliant today, but I'd take that performance and result in the quarter-finals. The red card disadvantaged us in a way as it changed the way Portugal played, so whatever we wanted to experiment tonight wasn't in fact experimented. In the end, other than minutes on the pitch it was a bit of a pointless exercise for both sides. I don't think it will be very reflective on how either side will perform in the tournament.

Archived