England International Friendlies

Shuff264

I think if we try to create a balanced system that generates solid performances with decent defense and offense, it will be our downfall in this tournament. Our defenders are just not good enough.

Think our best chance of doing well in this tournament, which lets not forget is a series of one off games, is to go full attack. Yes, we might concede a lot. We'd just have to score more.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see how Australia and England fair. 

I'd love to see England try and sit back, wasting the attacking talent, that would be just what Australia want.

Damn near zero experience in defence for Australia. Most experience there is Alex Wilkinson who could best be described as an A-league journeyman with a massive 16 caps. Ryan is a good keeper though and growing into his role. 

23 minutes ago, Albert said:

Will be interesting to see how Australia and England fair. 

I'd love to see England try and sit back, wasting the attacking talent, that would be just what Australia want.

Damn near zero experience in defence for Australia. Most experience there is Alex Wilkinson who could best be described as an A-league journeyman with a massive 16 caps. Ryan is a good keeper though and growing into his role. 

3/4-0 England :) 

On 22 May 2016 at 18:53, DCFCArmy said:

I don't think the Tottenham players will be up for it after the prem failure, I wouldn't bother taking Kane and Alli tbh, go 442 with Vardy as the main man and give them a chance. 

What on earth are you on :blink:

Nah I wouldn't bother with the Premier League top scorer and the best young talent we've had for years, probably won't be up for it.

He'll play Vardy up front with Kane and have Rooney sitting behind, just you watch.

Didn't Asutralia give us a bit of a spanking last time we played them, even with old Golden balls?

C'mon lads.....revenge......

Seriously - I'd like to see us building some momentum into the tournament. I still shudder to recall the limp pre-tournament 0-0's served up before WC2014, including with the mighty Honduras. Can't help but think that dwindling momentum cold mean we struggle in the tournament - again!

Roy goes for it and its 3-1 (as we cannot keep a clean sheet)

Australia are a bit of a mixed bag at the moment. Ange tends to tinker in friendlies, a lot. Australia haven't play a major European side since the 2-2 draw against Germany back in March 2015, so it'll be interesting. 

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Only see 2 natural forwards in that set up so might be the diamond. 

Looks like Roy giving as many chances as possible to his tried and trusted. 

Personally I wouldn't have sterling in the squad. 

I would....not his fault he has a big price tag to live up to

11 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I would....not his fault he has a big price tag to live up to

Not to do with his price tag. He's not been playing for club and has looked out of form. He got most of game against turkey and I wasn't especially impressed.

Didn't think much of him before his big money move tbh.

I may ultimately be proven wrong but he looks a way off at present and would have preferred to see rashford given the chance to forge understanding with players more likely to be in first choice Xi. 

If Roy persists with sterling as first choice then he's more pig headed than I thought. 

Archived