Jump to content

England International Friendlies


Recommended Posts

Last three friendlies before the Euros start

V Turkey 22/5

V Australia 27/5

V Portugal 02/06

Turkey tonight, England without a few players who played in the FA Cup yesterday or the Europa League final (Rooney, Rashford, Smalling, Lallana, Milner, Clyne, Sturridge)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'd go with:                    

                    Hart

Walker  Cahill  Stones  Rose

           Dier  Drinkwater

  Alli            Kane      Sterling 

                    Vardy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIWY said:

 I'd go with:                    

                    Hart

Walker  Cahill  Stones  Rose

           Dier  Drinkwater

  Alli            Kane      Sterling 

                    Vardy

 

Kane as  number 10? are you mad??? if kane and vardy are starting (which they should) its a 442

Alli Dier Drinkwater Sterling

         Kane Vardy

Or even better a 442 diamond

       Dier

Alli Drinkwater

    Sterling

 Kane Vardy

Although id play rooney as the number 10 because sterling is dogsh*t

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to taking my lads to the Portugal game..... Decent prices too..... £20 for me and £10 each for my boys. Our first ever England game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

Kane as  number 10? are you mad??? if kane and vardy are starting (which they should) its a 442

Alli Dier Drinkwater Sterling

         Kane Vardy

Or even better a 442 diamond

       Dier

Alli Drinkwater

    Sterling

 Kane Vardy

Although id play rooney as the number 10 because sterling is dogsh*t

I reckon Kane would do well as a 10 because he often drops deep for Spurs in search of the ball and by having him play there he can have more influence on the game. Potentially, with Vardy in front of him stretching the opposition's defence, he could be very dangerous there. Playing them as a pair up front could be good too, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this era of England remind anybody else of Nigel Clough's Derby County era?

Period of stability and rebuilding, modest expectations, young players coming through and fewer and fewer big names in the squad. Just a team working for one another. 

They've even presented this 4-3-3 formation as a possibility against Russia (although I'd argue it's more of a 4-3-1-2:

                                 Vardy           Kane

                                         Rooney

                  Wilshere            Dier                Alli

Rose                 Cahill                  Smalling                  Clyne

                                           Hart

 

Presumably with Rooney playing deeper than Martin would in a Derby XI 4-3-3 and Kane and Vardy as strikers rather than wingers. Dier in the Thorne role. Actually, it's definitely a 4-3-1-2, no idea why they said it was a 4-3-3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIWY said:

I reckon Kane would do well as a 10 because he often drops deep for Spurs in search of the ball and by having him play there he can have more influence on the game. Potentially, with Vardy in front of him stretching the opposition's defence, he could be very dangerous there. Playing them as a pair up front could be good too, though.

I think Kane is so good at poaching goals both inside and outside the box, it would be a bit of a waste to have him back in a No. 10 role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Has it finished yet?!

England are so boring that I fell asleep. 

Just shy of 60 PL goals in Kane, Vardy and Alli alone this season. We'll score goals and haven't been boring to watch. It's not a boring England side like it was with Lampard, Gerrard etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.