What is your strategy for us getting promoted next season?

Rampage

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, cannable said:

We had more than one system this season and all it caused was disruption.

Only because others were not practiced enough.

You can't expect a different system to consistently work straight away.

We played the current one for over 3 years! You need to be unpredictable. If I was managing against Derby I would know exactly how to set up to get a result

• 4 weeks later...

Plan A - Get Pearson to do as little media time as possible and do nearly  all the talking on the pitch. It already looks like this is the plan.

Plan B - Go top by Xmas, have the annual meltdown, sign a million players. Be surprised and shocked.:ph34r:

Plan A will work this season.Pearson will do it at his first attempt.

Hendrick, Johnson, Bent and Hanson may be key players for Pearson. All the players are likely to become more aggressive in getting the ball back after we lose it.

I don't suppose any of us will really know what the vibe is going to be until a couple of matches have been played. One thing for sure I genuinely believe we have the players to do it and it is only for want of the right manager that we haven't quite made it over the last 3 seasons. It isn't an injury to George or Will . A good team should be able to cope with set backs that face everyone in equal measure. It's that golden touch. The extraction of the last 5% on a day from an individual. The motivational and team building skills needed to get a team and talented player reaching their potential. The know how to to pick players who compliment each other in a greater tactical plan. 

Clough could spot footballers, Maclaren spotted a system that worked well most of the time but wasn't adaptable. PC had serious scientific ideas but when you are up to your a**e in the scratching, biting, competitive alligators of the championship the objective of draining the swamp in an Orderly fashion got missed rather too often. And DW .. A decent Boy Scout leader did his best under heavy fire from forces he just wasn't equipped to recognise. .. Just hoping NP is the man to make it all come together. if he is then the promised land beckons

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2016 at 12:41, Simsy said:

Only because others were not practiced enough.

You can't expect a different system to consistently work straight away.

We played the current one for over 3 years! You need to be unpredictable. If I was managing against Derby I would know exactly how to set up to get a result

Rubbish. Everyone knew how 'Boro played last season, same with Burnley and Norwich the season before. Everyone knows their system and everyone knows EXACTLY how they play. They're just extremely effective at it and have a simple plan B they make a slight adjustment to when things are going wrong (which is quite rare). 

We were so 'figured out' that we still near promotion with crippling injuries and management issues in almost every single season. Our A-team would hammer any team in the league comfortably, it's just such a rare sighting nowadays. This is why everyone has been crying for back-up for Martin and back-up for Thorne for such a long time yet every manager has gone their own way and as a result, our transfers have been really poor. 

Sorry if I'm coming over aggressive it's just this myth is really frustrating.

Archived