Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

1 hour ago, FrostedRam said:

I've never understood why we don't sell these players in January, we must know the if we are keeping them on. If not sell them for a nominal fee to a smaller team, Notts county, Mansfield, burton (although not now) and stick a 50% sell on fee on them. If they make it great if not we haven't lost anything. 

sell players they know they can get for free in 6 months to teams with no money? doesn't make sense for them at all.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know anything about Ayomide? 

The Swedish news are reporting Rashid is linking up with former teammate Ayomide (who you may remember we were reportedly signing in September), but I see no mention of him in the retained list or in profiles.

Did we agree a deal to sign Ayomide later (i.e. this summer) or did it fall through or have we already gotten rid?

2 hours ago, Srg said:

sell players they know they can get for free in 6 months to teams with no money? doesn't make sense for them at all.

What like we did with Blackman, camera and warnock. Yes really teams do still buy players that are running out of contract. 

Thats why I said nominal fee, or even have them for free and the sell on fee

40 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

What like we did with Blackman, camera and warnock. Yes really teams do still buy players that are running out of contract. 

Thats why I said nominal fee, or even have them for free and the sell on fee

You missed the part where these players, to a certain degree, are proven and we have money.

Both of which aren't the case in your scenario.

Thinking about the retained list, Alefe Santos is in exactly the same boat as the 21 year olds we've released. Therefore, our decision to offer him a new contract says to me that we're expecting him to step up to the first team soon. 

41 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Thinking about the retained list, Alefe Santos is in exactly the same boat as the 21 year olds we've released. Therefore, our decision to offer him a new contract says to me that we're expecting him to step up to the first team soon. 

It could also be due to a lack of u18/u21 full backs?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It could also be due to a lack of u18/u21 full backs?

Possibly, but I can't imagine they (whoever made the decision) would expect a very difficult task recruiting full backs, if he left we'd only need 2 really. I'm expecting one to come in at least anyway.

Can't imagine he wants to be playing full back all that much, he's a very attacking player.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Possibly, but I can't imagine they (whoever made the decision) would expect a very difficult task recruiting full backs, if he left we'd only need 2 really. I'm expecting one to come in at least anyway.

Can't imagine he wants to be playing full back all that much, he's a very attacking player.

And surely the hope is that stabana takes the right back slot anyway 

ÍBV 2 Huginn 0  Cup game against a side one division down.  Charles Vernam scored the first goal on 46 minutes, but not mentioned otherwise in a one way game where ÍBV had twenty shots at goal.  But a goal is a goal and will hopefully fire him up for the next league game.  Played the whole game.

Out of all the released players the choice to let James Carvell go surprised me. Midfielder for our U18s, dynamic on and off the ball, his good form picked up enough that I found myself checking ramsplayer for U18 highlights just to see if he had played in the match that day. Great set piece taker. I remember thinking to myself back late winter/early spring that perhaps we had found another talented midfielder who could follow through the same way as Hendrick n Hughes. Maybe not as talented but to me this was at least a surprise we didnt opt to keep him around for another year since he's only 17.  ah well I hope he'll find success elsewhere :(  he was always my second favourite academy player to keep an eye out for! (the first being Elsnik)

6 hours ago, rhysbeck said:

Out of all the released players the choice to let James Carvell go surprised me. Midfielder for our U18s, dynamic on and off the ball, his good form picked up enough that I found myself checking ramsplayer for U18 highlights just to see if he had played in the match that day. Great set piece taker. I remember thinking to myself back late winter/early spring that perhaps we had found another talented midfielder who could follow through the same way as Hendrick n Hughes. Maybe not as talented but to me this was at least a surprise we didnt opt to keep him around for another year since he's only 17.  ah well I hope he'll find success elsewhere :(  he was always my second favourite academy player to keep an eye out for! (the first being Elsnik)

I agree, rhrbeck

Wassall returning to the academy is big. I really didn't rate our chances of staying in Div 1 with Delap and co, our form under them was average-poor.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wassall returning to the academy is big. I really didn't rate our chances of staying in Div 1 with Delap and co, our form under them was average-poor.

Don't know if I was the only one who feels like this but I felt that Zanzala's form dipped when Wassall left. Would be interesting to see if the stats back this up or not

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Don't know if I was the only one who feels like this but I felt that Zanzala's form dipped when Wassall left. Would be interesting to see if the stats back this up or not

Whole teams form dipped, so probably

Þróttur 0 ÍBV 1  Charles Vernam played pretty well by the sound of it, had three dangerous shots at goal, one of them deflected just wide and one a scorcher from 30 yards just flying past the post.  Was substituted on 77 minutes, implying that he ran his socks off. 

Archived