need for next season......

A nasty piece of work to break things up a la Barton and pace up top. Johnson and Blackman maybe to come good??????

Manager im torn as i really like Wassalls passion and lets be fair we have seen some great football albeit inconsistant. If the players put a shift in more often like they did tonight we would have gone up. Hendrick was a revelation at CDM.

Personally...

Out

Baird, Shotton, Ince, Bucko, Grant, Bent, Camara

Promote some of the youngsters.

In

A class striker Assombalonga like (pace, power).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a new manager in as soon as possible. Morris must have a shortlist by now. Only when a new manager comes in can we start making changes to the playing staff. 

Players out:-

Pearce, Baird, Shotton, Blackman, Buxton, Camara, Bent. Not happened for any of them this season. You can get rid of the majority of these without replacing them. 

Need to ship off 2 midfielders in my opinion. Johnson has to be one. The blokes attitude, application, effort and work rate is quite frankly disgusting. 

Butterfield/Hendrick could go too. 

Still not sure id keep Russell. Turned up from April onwards. For the most part of the season. Hes been poor. Wouldnt lose any sleep if he left at all. 

Sorry to say it but Martin has had his day. We are far to reliant on him. His attitude doesnt seem right to me. He has been here 3 years now and I just dont think he is the man to lead us to the Prem. 

Id keep Ince. But hes not a winger. 

Happy with the back 4. 

In all honesty we have to keep Hughes. 

I really wouldnt lose sleep if we sold anyone. 

As good as we were tonight. It cant cloud your judgemenr. Over the course of the season we were 11 points short of automatic promotion. Because the players have not been good enough to get us there. 

Tonight was too little too late. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We need a new manager in as soon as possible. Morris must have a shortlist by now. Only when a new manager comes in can we start making changes to the playing staff. 

Players out:-

Pearce, Baird, Shotton, Blackman, Buxton, Camara, Bent. Not happened for any of them this season. You can get rid of the majority of these without replacing them. 

Need to ship off 2 midfielders in my opinion. Johnson has to be one. The blokes attitude, application, effort and work rate is quite frankly disgusting. 

Butterfield/Hendrick could go too. 

Still not sure id keep Russell. Turned up from April onwards. For the most part of the season. Hes been poor. Wouldnt lose any sleep if he left at all. 

Sorry to say it but Martin has had his day. We are far to reliant on him. His attitude doesnt seem right to me. He has been here 3 years now and I just dont think he is the man to lead us to the Prem. 

Id keep Ince. But hes not a winger. 

Happy with the back 4. 

In all honesty we have to keep Hughes. 

I really wouldnt lose sleep if we sold anyone. 

As good as we were tonight. It cant cloud your judgemenr. Over the course of the season we were 11 points short of automatic promotion. Because the players have not been good enough to get us there. 

Tonight was too little too late. 

Spot on, although I disagree about Ince, he flatters to deceive. We got worse when he came here on loan last year, I just don't think he fits well with how we play.

Johnson and one of Hendrick, Bryson and Butterfield should be sold imo. He played nicely tonight but Jeff would still be the most likely one to go. 

I'd move to playing with a front two, with Weimann, Russell, Zanzala and ? as the four strikers in the squad. Whether ? is Martin I'm not sure, he's been good for us but I have doubts about his ability to play with a strike partner. I'd probably keep him around for the sake of some consistency.

Defence is tough, we need players in the mould of Davis and Dawson - calm and collected and can keep good strikers in their back pocket. I think Hanley, who we've been linked with, would be a decent buy. One of Pearce or Albentosa deserve a chance in the squad. I suspect Buxton will be off to Burton. Keogh needs to become more composed and perhaps a new manager could do that for him. I'm happy with the full-backs, Carson and the defensive midfielders.

50/50 on whether we should sell Ince, on his day he can be unplayable but just haven't seen that spark enough this season. His set pieces are abysmal and he offers absolutely nothing on the ball when on the wing. I would like to see him play in a cam role though..

For me, using Martin and Ince has not at all worked this season.

Both need willing runners to get the best of them and neither of them are, meaning we tend to look pedestrian up front.

If we are to play the 433 formation we either play Martin and get 3/4 wingers who'll do the running and stretch the play - a bit like with Ward and Russell in the good season under McClaren.  If that is Russell, Weimann, Camara and one other then fine.

If we keep Martin, then Ince and Blackman have to be surplus to requirements.  Alternatively, you could bring in a target man who has a bit more pace and movement and it provides space for the likes of Ince/Blackman to exploit.

17 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Still not sure Blackman and Camara should go yet (esp. the latter - due to his pace) as they really haven't been given a chance. 

Would like to see them come through a pre season first.

I kind of agree. Camara looks good to me when I get to see all of the 2 minutes of his cameo performances. I wish he would get more game time so I can have a proper look at him. As for Blackman, we should keep him if we are playing 2 up front and give him a go, after all that is his position and he was leading scorer for Reading playing there. If we are going to stay with one striker up front, it was pointless signing him really and if we are going to persist with one up top, what is the point of keeping him?

You can make all the fantasy "for sale" lists you want, but unfortunately the size of the contracts handed out to the new players means they won't be going anywhere unless we can ship them out on loan. We're now in the same situation we were in with Sammon, but this time there are 4/5 Conor Sammons eating up our wage budget. :(

Fit Hughes and we'll win the league.

And like I earlier said, good manager with excellent sport psychologist could do the trick... team is capable, just needs Will fit and others playing bit closer to their maximum level (which they clearly could).

It will come to no surprise I feel we need to replace Martin. Honestly think we get a top draw striker it could mean the difference between play offs and top 2. I know people love Martin and he scores goals but any striker would score goals in this team given the game time he has. Lets upgrade there we are not dangerous enough in the final third.

Anon is right. Only reason why players leave is :

a) if they are so good that clubs bid for them.
 This is most unlikely as we tend to want to keep our first teamers and prize assets, also we dont need the money and everyone knows we arent really a selling club anymore.

b) if we allow players to go on loan first, and fringe players can leave for free or for a small fee. Baird Shotton Pearce fall into this category but not many others.

Our squad is on the large side but a large (ish) squad is needed. The team have shown what they are capable of, which in my opinion is potentially the best team in the league, the issue is a lack consistency. 

The big question is can the main playing personnel we have be "managed" or "coached" into a consistent team or are they just not capable? Whoever gets the Derby head coach position has this fundamental issue to deal with. As Alpha said yesterday how long does it take a new guy to assess? What if he needs a season to see whats what? What if the new guy gets it wrong?

All of us having lived & breathed DCFC for years and having watched just about every ball being kicked have many different opinions. This is far from an easy decision for Mel & Sam. Let's all hope they get it right without being too scathing if it turns out not to be our personal choice.

A centre forward with pace who can score goals is required with that we would do very well, moving recent signings on is more of a problem with the size of the contracts given out so whoever takes charge has decisions to make

Forward with pace essential. We will win nothing with Martin unfortunately. I've said it before but will say it again. The amount of possession we had in last nights game 67% and only two shots on goal is not good enough. In fact in 180 minutes of football across the two legs we had three just three...shots on goal!! 

For me there are maybe 6 or 7 players I'd fight to keep. Carson Olsson Keogh Hughes(obviously) Thorne Bryson and maybe Butterfield and Hendrick. The rest have proved they don't quite have what it takes to play the Derby way!! Unless the Derby way is close but no cigar?

Archived