Managerial merry go round 16/17

Day

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
On 17 May 2016 at 18:17, David said:

Guaranteed trophies, European football and a huge club Celtic, we really couldn't compete with them despite it being a poor league 

So why did Neil Lennon leave Celtic and go to Bolton? 

PistoldPete2
20 hours ago, David said:

Both club and manager will have won the Champions League , fat lot of use that will be in the Championship... Just ask Forest. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought it was the rangers side who disliked him? Could be wrong on that but I remember in the news he'd been sent bullets in the post or something like that.

I think there's quite a few people who dislike Neil Lennon. But yeah for some it's about the religious thing which is horrible.

Hughton signs a  new 4 yrs deal at Brighton

Benitez meeting Ashley in London to sign up to Toons for next season

Di matteo now in talks to sign for Villa

Championship shall be good next season.....maybe a little bit harder to get out of

PistoldPete2
26 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hughton signs a  new 4 yrs deal at Brighton

Benitez meeting Ashley in London to sign up to Toons for next season

Di matteo now in talks to sign for Villa

Championship shall be good next season.....maybe a little bit harder to get out of

I think Villa having new owners might make things difficult for Championship teams. Im hoping Wendies beat Hull as I think they (wendies) are in the ascendancy.  However easy for Hull it was to  beat us at Pride Park, their limitations were shown again at the KC, you just have to have the players and the system to exploit them.

CELTIC target Brendan Rodgers may have to miss out on a £10million windfall if he is appointed as the club’s new manager.

The Antrim native is due £5m per year over the next two years from his old club Liverpool as part of his severance package having been sacked last October, but the terms state that Rodgers is only entitled to his compensation so long as he is out of work.

Taking on the Celtic job would earn him significantly less money over the course of the next two years, although the club are willing to make him the highest paid manager in their history, according to the Daily Record.

Rodgers – who is thought to be keen to return to work sooner rather than later – remains the bookmakers’ odds-on favourite to become Celtic’s next manager now that Ronny Deila has left the club.

He is one of around six candidates in the frame for the coveted role, but on Wednesday Celtic were forced to deny that the former Liverpool boss was their ‘preferred’ choice, following several reports suggesting as such.

Read More: http://irishpost.co.uk/brendan-rodgers-give-10m-compensation-take-celtic-job/

Archived