Victor Anichebe - Signed for Sunderland

Rammeister

At 28 much older than I thought. His injury record is poor - in 10 years with Everton & WBA he's averaged less than 20 games a season, with a goal per game record of 1 in 8.

There must be better options available if we're  looking at strikers so no thanks!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my response from the last time we were linked:

On 30/01/2016 at 23:00, Carl Sagan said:

A strange thing about us is that we seem to keep being linked with the same players over and over again. Even stranger when their records and injury history are as terrible as Anichiebe's. It would be madness to go near him and if he is the answer, I fear there are many at the club with no idea what the question is.

The thread is here:

Basically, if we were to end up signing him, the people responsible shouldn't simply be sacked. They should probably be taken out and shot. For that matter, if Anichiebe were a horse, given how often he's injured he'd have been put down by now. Let's just hope it's lazy journalism rather than a lazy recruitment department.

Big& strong but with a heart the size of a pea. I do agree that on his day unplayable as mentioned above. However, his "day" is usually once or twice a season. The rest of the time he is happy to sit on the bench and collect his salary.

Its rumored on forums that he turned down a loan move to you guys in January as he didn't want it to damage his chances of signing for a club in the summer, i.e. A few duff performances and no one would want him.

On 19/05/2016 at 05:28, Butros said:

Big& strong but with a heart the size of a pea. I do agree that on his day unplayable as mentioned above. However, his "day" is usually once or twice a season. The rest of the time he is happy to sit on the bench and collect his salary.

Its rumored on forums that he turned down a loan move to you guys in January as he didn't want it to damage his chances of signing for a club in the summer, i.e. A few duff performances and no one would want him.

Welcome back Butros. 

So you're not especially an anichebe fan then?

If the loan rumours were true then why would he come here now? Even if he were offered.

• 1 month later...

Archived