Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You are telling me that Martin isn't a team player with all his assists and how does Keogh not fit into our side?

They don't fit in my side. 

I would sell them. 

But that's my opinion not yours. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo peps, we all have different opinions, that good that's healthy. We all follow the same team ( well two if you count the one playing Forest) so lets respect each other's opinion.

Personally I think we need to change how the team play and for that we need to replace Martin, we are too reliant on him and yes I rate him highly but in order to progress we need to change how we go about things and he is key to that. I would not get rid of Keogh unless he refuses to sign a new deal. I rate him as well. 

We are very close to getting there but we keep failing, there has to be a reason for that, therefore we need to change. I would love to be wrong.

Just now, curtains said:

They don't fit in my side. 

I would sell them. 

But that's my opinion not yours. 

How does Keogh not fit into the side? Plus how would you know that Martin and Keogh won't fit into Pearson's side when no one really knows what style he is going to pick for us?

Also I understand it is your opinion @curtains,but the whole point of a forum is too discuss these opinions.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

How does Keogh not fit into the side? Plus how would you know that Martin and Keogh won't fit into Pearson's side when no one really knows what style he is going to pick for us?

Also I understand it is your opinion @curtains,but the whole point of a forum is too discuss these opinions.

Ok then here we go .

Keogh is all action but not very cool under pressure and often dives in unnecessarily and throws his arms up in the air trying to get free kicks. 

He also makes silly mistakes at crucial times. 

Martin is good on his day but often gets frustrated and lacks pace. 

Falls over a lot and gives away silly free kicks. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok then here we go .

Keogh is all action but not very cool under pressure and often dives in unnecessarily and throws his arms up in the air trying to get free kicks. 

I don't think anyone can argue with those points made. 

Both on their day are very good players but the whole diving and arm waving from both of them have been major annoyances for me personally over the last few seasons. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok then here we go .

Finally some points. You have pointed out there weaknesses and I personally believe that they overcome these with there performances over the last few seasons.

Lets just agree to disagree, the whole Martin and Keogh thing has been done to death on this forum.

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

Finally some points. You have pointed out there weaknesses and I personally believe that they overcome these with there performances over the last few seasons.

Lets just agree to disagree, the whole Martin and Keogh thing has been done to death on this forum.

Thanks I'd rather do that and let the Manager decide and I will respect whatever he decides. 

Each to their own, amazing how people's opinions differ. Martin being a reason we have "failed" for the last 3 seasons is utter ******** though, sorry Curtains. You only have to look where we were 3 seasons ago to judge what failing is. 

I'd be gutted to lose Martin, such a good player at this level. Technically there's not many better. There's not many that have scored more than him in the past three seasons either. I understand that Pearson might want to play a certain way that might not get the best out of him so I'm open to ideas but I definitely won't be selling him down the river as easy as a few of you lot want to. 

I genuinely don't think Derby fans appreciate players with technical ability end product. Love a good "engine" though eh. 

He can wave his arms around and fall to the floor as much as he likes for me. He's  class. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Each to their own, amazing how people's opinions differ. Martin being a reason we have "failed" for the last 3 seasons is utter ******** though, sorry Curtains. You only have to look where we were 3 seasons ago to judge what failing is. 

I'd be gutted to lose Martin, such a good player at this level. Technically there's not many better. There's not many that have scored more than him in the past three seasons either. I understand that Pearson might want to play a certain way that might not get the best out of him so I'm open to ideas but I definitely won't be selling him down the river as easy as a few of you lot want to. 

I genuinely don't think Derby fans appreciate players with technical ability end product. Love a good "engine" though eh. 

He can wave his arms around and fall to the floor as much as he likes for me. He's  class. 

He's a very good player but there's no class in his behaviour, not that it really bothers me

52 minutes ago, curtains said:

It's about blend in a team .

A team is a team not a team of individuals .

So a team is a team, not a team...gotcha.

Kiddin, I get what you're saying. It's ok to have a few players in your squad that have moments of individual skill, creating stuff by going alone. You wouldn't complain at having Zlatan/Ronaldo/Messi/Suarez etc would you. Martin is surprisingly unselfish for a forward (loves a whinge when doesn't get the ball though) 

I'm happy to hear other peoples opinions and and happy to disagree. But what i find abit weird is this constant slagging of our own players, (especially when they become linked to another club) this attitude that they arent doing what they should be, that they can just do one because they arent good enough. thats not having an opinion, its just being a snide about our players,  Why on earth is it reasonable to single out our top goals scorer 3 years running for not doing the business,or  our captain and player of the year, whos played the best part of nearly 40 games a season for 3 years, our young players who are starting to really find their feet after having found confidence playing in a euro competition against some top players and in some cases winning. its never enough is it. one day we'll storm this league and people will still complain, but its not because they have standards so much higher than everybody else, they are just being unreasonable. I'm hope the players arent bothered really that some pot bellied, loud mouth, in the terraces or on the forums, is so annoyed at their own inadequacies that they think it ok to bullshit about other peoples successes and failures. suppose the argument would be that they get paid alot so they should deal with it. B*llocks. support the team and the players, they'll be able to achieve much more with your backing than this hypothetical drivel about Derby being a better team without any of its more influential  and consistent performers.   COYR

Best get rid of Bryson and Hughes too as they've failed aswell and fozzy, bucko, hendrick, there's quite a few. I would suggest Keogh and Martin have been a lot more consistent over that time and produced a lot more than JR and Jeff though. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm happy to hear other peoples opinions and and happy to disagree. But what i find abit weird is this constant slagging of our own players, (especially when they become linked to another club) this attitude that they arent doing what they should be, that they can just do one because they arent good enough. thats not having an opinion, its just being a snide about our players,  Why on earth is it reasonable to single out our top goals scorer 3 years running for not doing the business,or  our captain and player of the year, whos played the best part of nearly 40 games a season for 3 years, our young players who are starting to really find their feet after having found confidence playing in a euro competition against some top players and in some cases winning. its never enough is it. one day we'll storm this league and people will still complain, but its not because they have standards so much higher than everybody else, they are just being unreasonable. I'm hope the players arent bothered really that some pot bellied, loud mouth, in the terraces or on the forums, is so annoyed at their own inadequacies that they think it ok to bullshit about other peoples successes and failures. suppose the argument would be that they get paid alot so they should deal with it. B*llocks. support the team and the players, they'll be able to achieve much more with your backing than this hypothetical drivel about Derby being a better team without any of its more influential  and consistent performers.   COYR

Such conceit 

Us fans pay there wages you condescending person. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Such conceit 

Us fans pay there wages. 

Such self entitlement. I think you'll find that the fans don't pay their wages anymore (they contribute), and even if they did, it wouldnt give anybody license or excuse to berate the players, especially if you want them to do well, its counter productive. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Such self entitlement. I think you'll find that the fans don't pay their wages anymore (they contribute), and even if they did, it wouldnt give anybody license or excuse to berate the players, especially if you want them to do well, its counter productive. 

Who's berating the players. 

Would you keep the same players at DCFC forevermore.

Why is it ok to sack managers but keep all the players.

Come on it's an entertainment industry is Football .

Players come and go for goodness sake  

I go to be entertained but also support the team more than most thanks  .

Was you entertained when we lost 3-0 to Hull at home and Reading the season before. 

Why are you assuming big bellies are relative to your argument. 

Football isnt only an entertainment industry, and there is nothing to say you must be entertained at all times, presumably the hull and reading fans were entertained in those particular matches, thats kind of how it works when two teams compete against each other and there is a victory at the end. the players havent kicked a competitive ball yet, we arnt really sure what the new managerial set up are thinking yet, and people a already getting a mard on about which players arent good enough, or cant fit into systems, or are disinterested. I think its a shame. Players come and go of course, but they should be safe in the knowledge that while they play and graft for us they will be respected and supported. it used to be that players that didnt do well got the flack, Darryll Powell (despite playing his role well imo) or mikkel beck spring to mind, but to try and scapegoat our better players is a new level of bizarre.  

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Football isnt only an entertainment industry, and there is nothing to say you must be entertained at all times, presumably the hull and reading fans were entertained in those particular matches, thats kind of how it works when two teams compete against each other and there is a victory at the end. the players havent kicked a competitive ball yet, we arnt really sure what the new managerial set up are thinking yet, and people a already getting a mard on about which players arent good enough, or cant fit into systems, or are disinterested. I think its a shame. Players come and go of course, but they should be safe in the knowledge that while they play and graft for us they will be respected and supported. it used to be that players that didnt do well got the flack, Darryll Powell (despite playing his role well imo) or mikkel beck spring to mind, but to try and scapegoat our better players is a new level of bizarre.  

We want promotion not same old same old. 

A change of manager can only do so much IMO .

Why is it ok to criticize McClaren, Clement and Wassall but not any of the players  .

Russell and Martin admitted they needed to do better last season  .

I'm willing to give these players a chance again but let's hope they live up to it  then  .

Keogh has had his critics on here as have other players  

32 minutes ago, curtains said:

Such conceit 

Us fans pay there wages you condescending person. 

Your £400 or £500 does not even cover a days wages for any of the first team squad.

Archived