London rams

jimbobram

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm based in Tottenham jimbo. I'll be watching the first leg at my dad's (SW London) but am planning on meeting another London based ram for the second leg in a pub somewhere central. Not sure where yet though.

3 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

I'm in Kennington but go to most matches, think there's a KenningtonRam on here aswell. A good place to meet up for the playoffs would be N1Bar on London Bridge, easy to get to, massive screen and loads of pool tables. 

Indeed there is, although I have just moved further south west. A name change is probably required at some point...

I generally find The Black Price will put a Derby game on if televised, and I've seen other Rams in there previously. Good food too.

Mabel's Tavern in Euston is a Wednesday pub that draws a load of their fans every game if you want to watch their matches somewhere with possible atmosphere. Could do with something like that for London's Derby supporters

I remember the London Branch used to watch games in the Railway Tavern by Liverpool Street, but I always thought it a dive and friends had stuff nicked while watching the games. I've sometimes gone to Cafe Kick in Shoreditch but if I were in the pub this time around it would be my local, the lovely Waterpoet on Folgate St (very close to Liverpool Street) which is a mighty fine pub that will show the game (9 screens) as a warmup act before the Eurovision party to follow.

But I suspect I'll be hiding behind the sofa while watching from home round the corner.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

... I've sometimes gone to Cafe Kick in Shoreditch...

Never been sold on Kick. They often have two games on at the same time and there's loads of people milling around. Great for a game of table football with a pint but not great for a game you really care about.

8 minutes ago, MK said:

Never been sold on Kick. They often have two games on at the same time and there's loads of people milling around. Great for a game of table football with a pint but not great for a game you really care about.

Agree with that, though I did enjoy watching us beat the gumps there one time, when Dexter led with the elbow and had a first half red card.

1 hour ago, Kennington Ram said:

Indeed there is, although I have just moved further south west. A name change is probably required at some point...

I generally find The Black Price will put a Derby game on if televised, and I've seen other Rams in there previously. Good food too.

Mabel's Tavern in Euston is a Wednesday pub that draws a load of their fans every game if you want to watch their matches somewhere with possible atmosphere. Could do with something like that for London's Derby supporters

Was it you I bump into outside kennington tube on the way back from a home match last season? Lad wearing a scarf said he was a ST Holder living in Kennington/Oval? 

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

Was it you I bump into outside kennington tube on the way back from a home match last season? Lad wearing a scarf said he was a ST Holder living in Kennington/Oval? 

I wish - can't afford the travel at the moment in addition to a season ticket.

I just go to the London away games where possible, and a few in the South East where they come up (Reading etc). There's clearly more of us than I think though. I do a lot of work with architects and construction firms on new schools who are almost all from Derby, despite working all over the country, so I feel like about 1/3 people are actually quietly also fans.

Lived in London past couple years (Canada water area) always try to get to the local away games, best one recently has been relegating Millwall last season! Been to a few sports bars around central whenever our games have been on sky but not sure where's best to watch them.

• 1 year later...
On 11/05/2016 at 13:44, London Ram said:

The London Branch now watch the games at The Stage Door (Webber Street, SE1) in Waterloo behind The Old Vic. Good pub with decent beers and food… and they put the commentary on. We'll be there Saturday and Tuesday.

Is this still the place to go (in London), to watch the match on telly tonight?

Archived