Wolfie

Random stuff that annoys me thread

2,527 posts in this topic

......following on from the annoying people thread

Why does everything nowadays have to be "dubbed as" something.

Just reading on BBC News that today has been "dubbed as 'Super Thursday'" because of the elections. Why?. By Whom?. Why do we need everything to effectively have a Brand?

Don't get me started on why every scandal has to be .....gate?

I realise it's lowest-common-demonator stuff dreamed up by a lazy media copying a USA format but it does my head in.

jono and RamuelLJackson like this

I know what you mean. I was amused rather than annoyed by the fact the EU in/out campaigns had to officially name their campaigns as "Vote Leave" and "Britain Stronger In Europe". Do they think people are that thick?

jono likes this

"Well, I certainly do want Britain to be stronger... and they say that Britain is stronger In Europe."

"But that one's telling me to vote to leave, in that case I should probably do that."

StivePesley likes this

People that feel they have the right to come into traffic via a slip road and expect you to move into another lane, even if there is traffic in the outer lanes, or even worse...expect me to slam my brakes on.

King Kevin likes this

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Being able to see the tripe posted by someone I've got on ignore when others quote him. Even seeing his user name boils my piss. Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1

Oooh sassy, spill the beans!

37 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Being able to see the tripe posted by someone I've got on ignore when others quote him. Even seeing his user name boils my piss. Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1

The ignore function would work far better if it did what it says on the tin, instead of offering you the choice of reading the post or not.

I didn't make it past the a couple of posts before curiosity got the better of me, and I turned it off!

EastHertsRam likes this